Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 05:01 PM
Kobold

Default When do enchanters start becoming powerful soloers?

At what level do enchanters become powerful soloers? I love my necro but I've been watching a lot of rektyou YouTube and it's starting to look like fun. I dont know if I want to pour time into another ton yet, though.
Old 09-08-2019, 06:12 PM
Kobold

Level 12.
@EndorraFeyborne Discord
Old 09-08-2019, 06:33 PM
Fire Giant

Things changed a bit today..no pet window makes it a little harder
Old 09-09-2019, 05:46 AM
Fire Giant

Depends on what you mean by "powerful soloers". I remember starting to make great solo exp at around level 30. Could probably have done so even sooner if I had been more interested in trying out different exp spots and finding one that suited me better. But yeah, from pretty much lvl 30-60 it was great solo exp for me.

In terms of being able to farm hard'ish stuff for profit I guess we're talking late 50s. You can solo/duo stuff in PoM at level 59 (any lower would be very risky and likely cause too many charm breaks for it to be worth it).
Old 09-09-2019, 08:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level 12.
Technically this if played in the right hands.

You really have to pick your spots early on. It gets easier with levels because mobs will stay blue even when they are many levels lower than you, making it increasingly easier to manage charms.

Remember, the biggest factor in charm breaks is your level vs. mob level. As you're leveling, you ideally want to be charming / killing the lowest possible blue mobs you can find.

I'd say the biggest level is 29. You get clarity (doubling your mana regen from buffs instantly) and mobs are gonna start staying blue longer.

By 34 you should be in cruise control...Rune III, even more level gap for blues, a new CHA buff, etc.

The biggest thing honestly is deciding where you're gonna be camping for exp along the way and sticking to safe, consistent, sustainable play. Basic things like always keeping your kill target rooted, your shielding spells up, being quick / smart with charm breaks....all that shit that adds up to not dying.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Level 12, 200 charisma (or close to it), jboots. Gobby ring helps too.

If you are hoofing it slow-style with low charisma life is more frantic.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

"Powerful soloer" can mean different things. At level 12, a chanter can usually pull off stuff other classes can't, though maybe it'd take a few tries. But your XPing isn't really better than a number of other classes at this point.

By 30ish, you've got the mana pool to carry you through some bad luck with charm breaks or other resists, you've probably gotten together some cheap charisma gear, you've got more useful spells, the con range of mobs has widened so that you'll have an easier time keeping a blue charmed. You're coming into what I personally would consider "powerful soloer" territory. By this point already, basically no other solo class with similar gear levels can do what you can. Maybe a necro.

By 50 you're a solo god.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Powerful soloer" can mean different things. At level 12, a chanter can usually pull off stuff other classes can't, though maybe it'd take a few tries. But your XPing isn't really better than a number of other classes at this point.

By 30ish, you've got the mana pool to carry you through some bad luck with charm breaks or other resists, you've probably gotten together some cheap charisma gear, you've got more useful spells, the con range of mobs has widened so that you'll have an easier time keeping a blue charmed. You're coming into what I personally would consider "powerful soloer" territory. By this point already, basically no other solo class with similar gear levels can do what you can. Maybe a necro.

By 50 you're a solo god.
Your videos and rektyou videos are why I want to try my hand at chanter
Old 09-09-2019, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

By 50 you're a solo god.
This isn’t fully accurate. Bard is hands down a more powerful soloer than an enchanter 27-50. This is because charm uses no mana and you can just endlessly swap targets while loading mobs up with your chant dots. I’ve done dungeon crawls on the bard solo pre 51 that no enchanter could keep up with. It’s a joke how powerful that is, most bards are just swarming so they miss out on this.

It isn’t until 50+ where the enchanter takes over with all the extra perks they get combined with the fact that mobs hit way harder and bards will go oom quickly charming. It’s honestly a damn shame they made the higher level bard charm cost mana in addition to the fact they can only regen 2 mana/tick. Would have made for a really fun and interesting 50+ charm life paired with some root nets for emergencies.
Last edited by Crede; 09-09-2019 at 03:08 PM..
Old 09-12-2019, 04:38 AM
Aviak

Did enchanters get breeze in classic? I thought that was a spell that was added later on.

Because that will also contribute to their downtime/soloing capability (if we are talking about starting an enchanter on green)
Closed Thread