Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2020, 07:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This strategy of COTH yourself to remove aggro no longer works I heard. The devs here do not allow you to erase aggro anymore on yourself. So you can't use it to single pull anymore, which is sad because its the only way to single pull as a mage.

To add insult to injury, the pets on this server don't seem to cast their spells as much as on live. I remember my earth pet on live would keep casting the damn root so often I would even get frustrated that it wasn't actually attacking! (I remember my earth pet literally getting a mob down to 5% health and then dying because it chain casted root instead of finishing him off). So without even pet's root being cast often enough, there is no way to split mobs using the pet's CC. And now root nets arent rechargeable I hear??

All this talk of a mage's inability to solo past 55 efficiently makes me want to re-roll into enchanter....ughhh
You are correct about pets casting substantially more.

Here is a really old bug thread. Telin confirmed but needs Rogean to fix code:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=107938
Old 07-12-2020, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

It's important to package any bug report as a nerf to players.

Bugs requiring buffs to players can be overlooked, cos tbh they doing fine. All content is clearable.

Bugs requiring nerfs to players are important as those players are able to accomplish unclassic levels of success.

A call to fix pet spells needs to be sold as

"Mage pets are delivering unclassically high levels of dps as they aren't having enough missed rounds due to not spamming spells"

not

"My Earth pet isn't insta casting root so I can't break up two spawns so easily".
Old 07-12-2020, 11:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

a call to fix pet spells needs to be sold as

"Mage pets are delivering unclassically high levels of dps as they aren't having enough missed rounds due to not spamming spells"
But that isn't true lol. I don't play as magician on green but I know that they aren't delivering more damage due to not casting their spells as much lol. Your quote sounds like mage hate lol.
45 Dark Elf Wizard - Smurf PVP
41 Enchanter - Jeffery PVP
37 Iksar Monk - Buster PVP
26 Human Ranger - Kenny PVP
RED99
Old 07-12-2020, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But that isn't true lol. I don't play as magician on green but I know that they aren't delivering more damage due to not casting their spells as much lol. Your quote sounds like mage hate lol.
He’s just giving an example of how to package a bug report in general. But anyway, technically he’s not wrong. If a pet isn’t casting root as much then it’s potentially doing damage in those rounds instead
Old 07-12-2020, 12:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He’s just giving an example of how to package a bug report in general. But anyway, technically he’s not wrong. If a pet isn’t casting root as much then it’s potentially doing damage in those rounds instead
Got cha.
RED99
Old 07-12-2020, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Thank you for clarifying cd288 I’m not so good at expressing stuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 07-12-2020, 05:41 PM
Kobold

Self CoTH should work on green when it gets to that. It is classic but it gets changed at some point. I don't remember when.
Old 07-13-2020, 03:02 AM
Planar Protector

The only classes who will be able to solo without high levels of gear will be Enchanters, Necromancers, and Shamans... and I guess filthy Bards. Druids and Wizards can quad but I am not sure thats really all that great past 55... Bear pits for Druids is incredibly dangerous and usually leads to more XP lost than gained.

Anyhow, even the 'good' solo classes typically duo or trio past 55 in my experience because you dont have to play the charm break game or worry about dieing as much.
Shamans with Epic I think have the easiest time of any class because its no brain rooting and mana-free DoTing... CoM will be littered with Epic shamans killing 5+ mobs at a time on the upper levels, and HS will be littered with enchanter/cleric duos.

But to your question Mages become less OP because Melee gets boosted from better itemization and your pets dont really scale up... and on raids most guilds wont even let you have a pet up because they can be huge liabilities with pathing so you become a summon/CoTH bot and nothing more in the end game.

Guild Leader: Summon more rods slave
Mage: I have 300 rods down sir
Guild Leader: Great! Now log onto a warrior/cleric/rogue so you can actually be useful to the raid... oh! and log your shit mage out in the corner so when we need to CoTH in more people we can
Mage: Yes sir!
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Last edited by Bardp1999; 07-13-2020 at 03:21 AM..
Old 07-13-2020, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guild Leader: Summon more rods slave
Mage: I have 300 rods down sir
Guild Leader: Great! Now log onto a warrior/cleric/rogue so you can actually be useful to the raid... oh! and log your shit mage out in the corner so when we need to CoTH in more people we can
Mage: Yes sir!
This true. And reason I am unguilded lol they'll tell you, u can join as a mage but will need to play an actual"useful" class as well.
RED99
Old 07-13-2020, 06:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This true. And reason I am unguilded lol they'll tell you, u can join as a mage but will need to play an actual"useful" class as well.
To be fair, outside of clerics and the main tank...most guilds would rather you log off your enchanter, shaman, mage, necro, druid and log into a guild cleric account. It's just reality.
Closed Thread