Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 06:19 AM
Kobold

Default The "What were they thinking?" thread

That gorge in East Karanas to the High Pass zone.

Dev 1 : Hang on, East Karana isn't nearly as wide as West Karana, let's put this long-assed snaking gorge in, that'll add another 5 minutes.
Dev 2 : Yeah. You know what will be cool too? Have two paths, one high and one low; but get this - the low one is a dead end!
Dev 1 : Cool! That'll add another 10 minutes. Tell you what, let's not put any mobs in there either.
Dev 2 : That's just mean.
Dev 1 : Ok, I'll just put one in.

What's your favourite "WTF?" area of Norrath?
Last edited by Darklake; 11-15-2010 at 06:26 AM..
Old 11-15-2010, 06:28 AM
Sarnak

From BB to DC, what the fuck is up with that 10 min walk to zone, and there isn't SHIT in there!
Old 11-15-2010, 06:29 AM
Kobold

When I think of that canyon, its love, hate, love. I love finally reaching the end. I love the context it adds to Highpass. Highpass really has a unique feel to it, and that long path adds to the feel of it being wayyy up in the mountains.

Of course when I'm running that bitch, its another story!

Anyways, regardless of what the devs were thinking, I don't think its all bad. Just another one of the many ways tedium adds to the immersion of Norrath.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:39 AM
Banned

I always felt that the guards in EverQuest were too high level for their areas. I understand why, I just think it defeats some of the immersion. Captain Silvermoon in Greater Faydark for example, could walk into Crushbone and get rid of the orc hordes in a matter of minutes. Deputy Budo in Misty Thicket could handle Lord Pickclaw just with dirty looks.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Orc

Items that have both int and wis. WTF?
Old 11-15-2010, 07:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That gorge in East Karanas to the High Pass zone.

Dev 1 : Hang on, East Karana isn't nearly as wide as West Karana, let's put this long-assed snaking gorge in, that'll add another 5 minutes.
Dev 2 : Yeah. You know what will be cool too? Have two paths, one high and one low; but get this - the low one is a dead end!
Dev 1 : Cool! That'll add another 10 minutes. Tell you what, let's not put any mobs in there either.
Dev 2 : That's just mean.
Dev 1 : Ok, I'll just put one in.

What's your favourite "WTF?" area of Norrath?
cmon you know perfectly well that both Devs in your example are named "Brad McQuaid"
Old 11-15-2010, 07:48 AM
Orc

Being able to single pull humanoid mobs when they are in clear line of sight of a couple of friends.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfinrod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Items that have both int and wis. WTF?
Some of these make sense (Golden Efreeti Boots for example) because it means they don't have to make an item for boots of the same quality for priest classes. However, some items (like Gnoll Hide Tome?) make no sense at all since only Int classes can use them, but they provide both stats.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 11-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I think of that canyon, its love, hate, love. I love finally reaching the end. I love the context it adds to Highpass. Highpass really has a unique feel to it, and that long path adds to the feel of it being wayyy up in the mountains.

Of course when I'm running that bitch, its another story!

Anyways, regardless of what the devs were thinking, I don't think its all bad. Just another one of the many ways tedium adds to the immersion of Norrath.
Yup, I love the gorge for the same reason.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

Caster stats on melee only items: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1813

WTF is that????
Closed Thread