Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 08:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iksur
Well to be fair a lot of the Kunark armor sucked. Who the hell wants AC only gear. VP had good chest piece for Iksar shaman that I never really replaced heh
Leggings and BP for cobalt and other classes gear is nice. Also, the clickables are pawsome (not a typo, I'm tryin to make that a thing). Warriors get nice ones, too.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomishfirework [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, there is no planar or end-game armor for iksars at all until velious?
Monks and necros can wear their planar armor since it isn't plate, but the rest of the classes are going to have a pretty rough time gearing up until Velious. Tanks in particular are going to be sadly inferior to any other race just because they can't use planar or Kunark class armor.

No idea why Verant thought their small ac bonus or innate regen would make up for this, but people were a lot less concerned with min/maxing back then and played Iksars anyway.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Orc

Iksars werent being PL'd also like they are ob P1999, Iksars I think had just started hitting 60 when velious came out
Old 04-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Fire Giant

Im gonna level him anyway. Velious is where the raiding is really fun. Ill use no armor as the excuse for why I should get epic drops.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Sarnak

Its ok by me, I wont be of planer level until Velious comes out. I tried to camp the MM rings but somebody camped it for a week straight until the exploit was revealed. Doh! wait a minute!
Sslaythe (30 Iksar shaman) Leader of the Harbingers of Thule
Old 04-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Kobold

lol found your man!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentalplan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monks and necros can wear their planar armor since it isn't plate, but the rest of the classes are going to have a pretty rough time gearing up until Velious. Tanks in particular are going to be sadly inferior to any other race just because they can't use planar or Kunark class armor.

No idea why Verant thought their small ac bonus or innate regen would make up for this, but people were a lot less concerned with min/maxing back then and played Iksars anyway.
the iksar equivalent for crafted isn't even in right now, despite the NPCs currently existing without a purpose in OT. makes me sad!
Old 04-12-2011, 01:16 AM
Aviak

hmm, culutral armor then?
Old 04-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandeX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hmm, culutral armor then?
Not in-game, either. I made the mistake of dropping 200p on the ore, only to be told that the items couldn't be combined in the forge. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread