Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Orc

Default Do corpses expire with items on them? Meaning that you can never get the items back?

I'm sure this has already been asked, but I'm on forum runner on my iPhone and can't find a thread about it.

I logged on my Druid to play him for the first time in a year and I found out my character had died and never retrieved his corpse. Anything that I can do to get my corpse and items or are they gone for good? :/
Old 04-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Aviak

They are gone for good unless you can convince the Dev's otherwise. I wouldn't hold my breath though
Old 04-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Fire Giant

Petition. More than likely, the GMs will help you out. I can tell you that Hobby is pretty good at this. Don't listen to klyre.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Aviak

I didn't say that they wouldn't help him. but the only way it is going to happen if you talk to the devs
Old 04-10-2011, 02:19 AM
Fire Giant

The dev's have absolutely nothing to do with anything but coding. Hense : Developers.

GMs, on the otherhand, as well as guides, deal with player issues. I have personally re-summoned over 40 expired corpses for people who quit playing after a death.

It is by far one of the most common petition we get that is easily answerable (next to surnames). All it takes is a /petition ingame and its solved generally that day or by the next.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The dev's have absolutely nothing to do with anything but coding. Hense : Developers.

GMs, on the otherhand, as well as guides, deal with player issues. I have personally re-summoned over 40 expired corpses for people who quit playing after a death.

It is by far one of the most common petition we get that is easily answerable (next to surnames). All it takes is a /petition ingame and its solved generally that day or by the next.
Good to know. I got a corpse in kedge just itching to disappear with a firework still on it. Its the ground bloom flower one too, don't wanna lose that sucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I stand corrected. I curtsy to your awesomeness.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Did GM's help people with expired corpses on live? Not that it matters, but I kind of liked the idea that you would lose all your items at lower levels back in the day (since they didn't take long to poof at lower levels). It certainly discouraged twinking. At later levels I don't really mind if they recover corpses for people.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 04-11-2011, 07:42 AM
Sarnak

I don't think helping people out with expired corpses goes against Classic at all. It is a player specific service for people who wish to come back to the server that left their characters in a bad state. Lets all be thankful the CS on this server is NOT like Live k?
Old 04-11-2011, 08:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by casdegere
I don't think helping people out with expired corpses goes against Classic at all. It is a player specific service for people who wish to come back to the server that left their characters in a bad state. Lets all be thankful the CS on this server is NOT like Live k?
You could Get help with a corpse on live, couldn't you? I feel like I heard of people getting help with them.