Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 05-23-2022, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It really is going to be one of those moments.

i haven't tested p99 but can assure you in classic agility had no impact on movement speed regardlessof being in ciritical health or not. This is, however, "classic" correlation does not equal causation.
I don't think it's specifically connected to being critical health, just to the agility value. That's why when people roll fresh characters they make sure that agility is at least 75. There are a few races that start at 70 and you literally run slightly slower than anyone at 75 for higher.

Being at very low life (not sure if the threshold is % based on just below a certain number value) your agility stat takes a dive, and the lower it goes under 75, the slower you get.

As for how it was on live, I was in highschool in the classic/kunark era and didn't know shit about the background systems in EQ, so I don't have any specific memory of testing things like this, so I'm only speaking based on what I've observed on p99. Anecdotally, I do have memories of slowing to a crawl while low life and running for the zone line. Whether that was connected to agility or not back then, I couldn't say.
Old 05-23-2022, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think it's specifically connected to being critical health, just to the agility value. That's why when people roll fresh characters they make sure that agility is at least 75. There are a few races that start at 70 and you literally run slightly slower than anyone at 75 for higher.
Can we go for the trifecta here, how about this one: "short races run faster than tall races. trust me, bro."
Old 05-24-2022, 04:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we go for the trifecta here, how about this one: "short races run faster than tall races. trust me, bro."
I'm not talking out of my ass here. Go roll up a 70 agi character and have a friend roll up a 75 agi character and start running side by side. The 75 agi character will pull ahead.

Also, get low life and look at your stats and see how your move speed changes. This isn't hard to verify.
Old 05-24-2022, 08:50 AM
Planar Protector

Sub 75 agi affects your armor class and it is good to have a base of 75+ but it will not affect your run speed. Someone prove me wrong
Last edited by Pint; 05-24-2022 at 08:50 AM.. Reason: Typo
Old 05-24-2022, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

I thought encumbrance was caused by the agility lost due to weight exceeding strength, and thereby agility acts as a secondary carry capacity... I guess I wasn't paying enough attention.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-25-2022, 02:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sub 75 agi affects your armor class and it is good to have a base of 75+ but it will not affect your run speed. Someone prove me wrong
Prove you're right.
Old 05-25-2022, 02:47 AM
Planar Protector

Feel free to read here. Plenty of evidence (some in-era and some out of era) for sub 75 agi slowing your run speed. But again, it's easily verifiable in-game.

-Duel someone and get to very low hp and check your agi/run speed.
-Wear str gear and have a shaman cripple you so your agi drops below 75 but you aren't encumbered and check your run speed.
-Roll an ogre and keep the base 70 agi without putting in the extra 5 points and run side by side with someone that did.

I'm not going to go to the effort of making a video demonstrating these. If you don't want to believe it and you don't want to test for yourself, that's on you.
Old 05-25-2022, 09:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Prove you're right.
I mean... That's not how this is supposed to work. You came in here suggesting your hypothesis is fact with nothing to back it up, and now you're asking people to disprove your hypothesis.

Until YOU provide evidence, it just remains a hypothesis.

Make sure you don't use a warrior while testing.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-25-2022, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

I would make a video, but usually only play time I get is after 7-8pm and I may kill 3-4 guard then log lol.

It’s only critical health speed that ima referring to, and it could be a % on the agility I haven’t paid that much attention . I’ll let you guys go that deep,
Old 05-26-2022, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

so i did two quick tests. saw how far i could run in 30 seconds on a 75 agi ogre and 70 agi ogre. could not discern any difference between them.

then i switched to a level 14 troll shaman. got myself down to just under a bubble of health(~50 hp) and again ran for 30 seconds(i think i had around 60 agi) then repeated the exact same again but this time had the agility buff on, giving a starting agility of 75.

again, no discernible difference in speeds. certainly more robust testing could be done, but i'll instead file it in the big ol' book of EQ urban legends.