Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-25-2022, 03:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol
That was his last chance and he did what he always does: wormed his way out of doing the thing he expects others to do when they make claims

Oh well, good thing this isn't debate club and nothing matters
Old 05-25-2022, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow what a hot take. Nice qualifier there: "regularly."

Define regularly? "Uhhh, well, by regularly I kinda mean rarely if you just look at the numbers and understand what per capita means, but let's pretend ok?"
I understand per capita, I just don't like it.
Old 05-25-2022, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha dude *other people* itt have already said "Well ya know if you just totally ignore a bunch of other countries, we're pretty bad!".

Forget the political gotcha attempt for a second, just go look it up. I swear I'm not lying.
Must be nice to not have any of your fellow conservatives ever question the statistics you just make up to try and score political points.
Old 05-25-2022, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No, mass shootings are not even remotely unique to america, nor do they occur the most often per capita in america
If only there was an objective 3rd party that had looked in to this, like, I dunno ... Snopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snopes
As you can see, the United States is the only country on the list where mass shootings took place consistently between 2009 and 2015, with the CPRC recording at least 12 deaths annually in that period. In fact, of the sixteen countries that Lott chose for his analysis, only one saw mass shooting deaths in more than two out of those seven years — the United States.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Might have been cultural differences. And another factor as I’ve said before on this forum is how it is reported on, which takes an initial mass shooting to create motivation
So it has nothing to do with gun laws huh? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-25-2022, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If the guy who ended up stopping him (with a gun) had just simply already been at the school, to provide security, this may very well have been prevented.

Arming actual teachers is a completely different question than simply having one or two professional armed security guards, because ya know, kids are kind of important? We protect all sorts of things with armed guards, but for some reason not an elementary school? How does this logic go exactly?
"Protecting our elementary schools with armed guards" is a totally fucked up thing to say. What kind of third world shithole needs armed guards at elementary schools?

Right?

This fucking country is on it's way out. The Golden Age is over and it's time for the Great Decline.
Old 05-25-2022, 03:50 PM
Banned

Wow, again loramin with the "hey if you look at this one specific, narrow sample, it's sort of higher in a specific way if you're measuring "mass shootings" by some arbitrary definition you just made up!"

That's not how statistics work. But even if it was, what is your point? An armed guard in that school would have almost certainly prevented that.

And let's say you could somehow magically wave a wand and only cops would have guns? Cool, fine, there should STILL be an armed guard in that school cause the psycho who did this could have just stabbed a bunch of kids instead.

Make a coherent argument, pearl clutching about the scary guns is just an insanely low resolution way of thinking about this problem.
Old 05-25-2022, 03:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Must be nice to not have any of your fellow conservatives ever question the statistics you just make up to try and score political points.
It's not mental gymnastics

It's defensive acrobatics!
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Fuck Your Gun Free Zones
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If only there was an objective 3rd party that had looked in to this, like, I dunno ... Snopes

So it has nothing to do with gun laws huh? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t consider Snopes to be very objective. I know democrats love them though. I’ve seen them be very partisan biased in the past

Mexico has extremely strict gun laws, how is that working out for them?

Or are we going to say that even though we are talking about a larger quantity of people dying to murder rather than a smaller quantity to mass murder, that murder statistics don’t matter for the basis of this discussion

How about gun laws effect on a country that has millions of guns in circulation already? Are you going to go gather them up? Think people are just going to offer theirs up to the cop going door to door?
Old 05-25-2022, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Protecting our elementary schools with armed guards" is a totally fucked up thing to say. What kind of third world shithole needs armed guards at elementary schools?

Right?

This fucking country is on it's way out. The Golden Age is over and it's time for the Great Decline.
Relax, there are armed guards at banks. I think kids are more important than money, personally. I don't think it's a fucked up thing to say at all.

Again arming actual teachers is a whole other can of worms, and I don't support that unless we are really specific about how exactly that would be implemented, safety/training wise.