Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 05-22-2022, 04:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorumi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I figure I’m just going to play what I want and not worry about how popular it is. I’m using the last months of green to test out different race/class combos to figure out what I really want to play. It’s mostly that I’m looking to change things up and not play what I normally do and try out new things. The way I see it if I’m enjoying myself in the raid scene it won’t matter how long it takes to get items and if I’m not then playing a class for easier loot won’t matter.
Should know that no one knows if green is going to end or when it will. You could be waiting years before a green 2.0 if we even get one.
Old 05-22-2022, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should know that no one knows if green is going to end or when it will. You could be waiting years before a green 2.0 if we even get one.
We will get one. Green (and it's subsequent 2.0, 3.0, etc. revisions) are the entire point of this place's existence.

Now there's certainly a question of "how long will they wait after the last patch?" before they take 1.0 down and put up 2.0 ... but while the dates may be uncertain, Green 2.0 isn't, because the whole purpose of this place is to give people the experience of playing classic EQ.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-22-2022, 06:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We will get one. Green (and it's subsequent 2.0, 3.0, etc. revisions) are the entire point of this place's existence.

Now there's certainly a question of "how long will they wait after the last patch?" before they take 1.0 down and put up 2.0 ... but while the dates may be uncertain, Green 2.0 isn't, because the whole purpose of this place is to give people the experience of playing classic EQ.
No one knows for certain if we will get one. I’m sure the original plan was for it but the fact is we don’t know what their actual plans are. All people can do is speculate one way or another. Hell we hadn’t seen R for months until all the drama around Ryan and Sean.
Old 05-22-2022, 06:32 PM
Sarnak

Also keep in mind some guilds are listed as casual on the previous page but do raid. I'm in Castle which is listed as casual. However we've been bat-phoning fairly often.

Recent targets include: Vindi, Severlous, Trak, WToV, Kelorek Dar, Innoruk (and other mini's), Cazic-Thule (and other mini's), ring 10, Venril Sathir, Halls of Testing.
Old 05-22-2022, 08:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You should definitely join a raid guild.

Kingdom is recruiting if you want to be able to kill the biggest baddies on the server, but if you want a guild that tackles smaller foes to "get your feet wet" https://wiki.project1999.com/Green_Guilds has lots of other options.

(NOTE: I say this as a Kingdom member ... but also as someone who got started raiding with a smaller guild, Anonymous. Both have pros/cons.)
Yeah I'm planning to pick one out later. Main reason I don't now is because my highest character on green right now is 7 and I'm mostly planning to just try some combos out that I haven't done before to see what I like. I've played a good bit on blue several years ago but I always kind of played the same things and I'm in the mood for something different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So there's two types of raids:

shortened...
Thanks that did help a lot. Sounds like I'll actually be able to do a good bit of it over a long enough period of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have confidence it won't been an extreme period of time. As mentioned I don't have characters ready to go yet. If it ends up going long enough that I get a character at raid levels and there's no end in sight then I'd just join a guild and start going but for not it's not an urgent issue.
Old 05-22-2022, 09:27 PM
Banned

Quote:

"Server Merge - The staff has had considerable discussion internally regarding the merging of Green into Blue at the end of the timeline. We've heard your concerns. At this time, we haven't made a final decision, but we have also decided that we will leave the door open. A lot can change in 3 years, and we may chose to leave Green running independently as we open additional servers in the future." - Rogean
Old 05-22-2022, 09:37 PM
Fire Giant

From my experience, it's not very realistic. You're either in one of the big time guilds like Seal Team, Kingdom or Force of Will, or you're in one of the smaller guilds getting rolled over by the aforementioned big ones. This server is just oppressive and hyper-competitive, and that's apparently how the folks here want it. Prepare for drama if you aspire to do anything more than a derv camp.

If you really want to see some raiding without being trolled, griefed or trained, the newest TLP servers on Live are going to be opening up in a couple days. It's not perfect, but dealing with a weirder looking Freeport is a fair tradeoff in exchange for being able to count on raiding and earning loot without hassle.

Quote:
The only issue is that some guilds might have a minimum participation requirement, either during the application process or permanently. But unless you are super casual it should still be possible to hit that requirement. I think in Kingdom (we're recruiting!) it's like 10%, but only if you want to be in the highest "class" of raiding (ie. be able to spend the max DKP for those big items); you can be in the guild without any raid participation, and just only be able to bid on 90% of the (not-biggest-ticket) items.
Your guild accused me of being a spy for another guild when I tried to join you guys, when all I was looking to do was make some friends and eventually see some raiding.

Seriously, when folks on this server are *that* paranoid where it is a "meta" to try and sneak spies into rival guilds, what chance does the average person really have on this server?
Last edited by tadkins; 05-22-2022 at 10:01 PM..
Old 05-22-2022, 10:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From my experience, it's not very realistic. You're either in one of the big time guilds like Seal Team, Kingdom or Force of Will, or you're in one of the smaller guilds getting rolled over by the aforementioned big ones. This server is just oppressive and hyper-competitive, and that's apparently how the folks here want it. Prepare for drama if you aspire to do anything more than a derv camp.

If you really want to see some raiding without being trolled, griefed or trained, the newest TLP servers on Live are going to be opening up in a couple days. It's not perfect, but dealing with a weirder looking Freeport is a fair tradeoff in exchange for being able to count on raiding and earning loot without hassle.

Your guild accused me of being a spy for another guild when I tried to join you guys, when all I was looking to do was make some friends and eventually see some raiding.

Seriously, when folks on this server are *that* paranoid where it is a "meta" to try and sneak spies into rival guilds, what chance does the average person really have on this server?

It's hilarious how paranoid Kingdom is about spies when there is literally nothing worth spying on any guild for. Not going to gain any crazy state secrets or undiscovered strategies. Chances are you have friends in any of the competitive guilds who probably share more then any "spy" would ever figure out on their own.
Old 05-23-2022, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Unless you are unemployed or work from home raiding on P99 is not a feasible thing, anyone who says elsewise is either flat out lying or doesn't know.

You have to be able to log in during work hours and late-night or you will never keep your raid attendance high enough to actually bid on anything. There are not enough prime-time raid kills per week to keep RA and even then you have to be a no lifer (even keeping 10%-20% raid attendance is almost impossible unless you have gone full neckbeard).
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 05-24-2022, 12:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless you are unemployed or work from home raiding on P99 is not a feasible thing, anyone who says elsewise is either flat out lying or doesn't know.

You have to be able to log in during work hours and late-night or you will never keep your raid attendance high enough to actually bid on anything. There are not enough prime-time raid kills per week to keep RA and even then you have to be a no lifer (even keeping 10%-20% raid attendance is almost impossible unless you have gone full neckbeard).
Windows are generally on the weekends these days, and we had 2 quakes last weekend. Assuming you work 9-5 M-F, you can make plenty of targets without stressing too much.

Also lots of guilds no longer require RA for much of anything. Just accrue DKP and bid like everyone else.

I get the impression you're not active in the current raid scene and are going off memories of p99 past.