Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 08-18-2014, 10:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigaslash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dullah is correct though that if you casted Cancel magic and it didn't take off your heroism because it was your only buff, a couple more cancel magics would get it eventually. So the counters need to be tracked. Not sure if they carry over between zoning, probably not.
Only if the buff were dispelled in the same number of casts every time would this suggest that it's counter-based.

Otherwise there's some kind of dispel "strength" vs. buff "strength" check with a randomized variable at action here.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technique [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only if the buff were dispelled in the same number of casts every time would this suggest that it's counter-based.

Otherwise there's some kind of dispel "strength" vs. buff "strength" check with a randomized variable at action here.
Exactly. And that is the info I am trying to find still. I played with a few chars on live, but they were higher chars. No useful data.

I will play with some lower level chars, enc and cleric buffs and use my 49 chanter to dispell, to see if can get anything figured out.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:15 PM
Large Bat

http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/hom...?f=179&t=71183

It used to be that they would cancel your buffs in order, now they seem to be fairly random.

The posts are from 2004 but the relevent info is still good, also they discuss how it used to be before recent changes in their timeline.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:20 PM
Large Bat

Also this should probably be in a different thread but, the change to prevent hackers from setting their delay to .00001 and throwing ranged weapons at mobs at lightning speed, caused us on the red server to not be able to cast our clickie junk buffs faster than once per .33 seconds. That means the maximum rate you can refresh your clickies is 3 per second.

This had pretty big implications because on live you could cast your clickies however fast you could click or press the button, making it much less likely you would get dispelled under heavy pelling in raid/large group situations.

Not sure if this can be fixed though, but it's worth noting since we're talking about dispels.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Waiting on patch for beta.

I think i have rain spells hitting unlimited pc targets in pvp now too.
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010221a.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch Notes
Rain spells no longer count pets against total number of entities they can damage (all rain spells).
Total number of entities implies there was a limited number of targets. Pretty sure it was 5 unless it worked differently in pvp.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:50 PM
Banned

they worked differently in pve, i think that was quoted earlier in here
Old 08-18-2014, 11:59 PM
Planar Protector

o missed it, sorry disregard then
Old 08-19-2014, 11:23 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You ever fought Innoruuk on these servers? He doesnt even proc his dispel on this server
How is this supposed to work? Right now it looks like he has avatar power, which isn't set up correctly. He used to have a spellset which included a true gflux/dispell.

I can fix this up, but need to know what should happen. What effect, and should it be a proc or casted spell?
Old 08-19-2014, 11:28 AM
Large Bat

IIRC Innoruuk should have the same dispel attack as Phinigel Autropos, basically proc on attack.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:36 AM
Banned

These on hits like the Venril Touch were known to us as "touch" effects. Meaning very high chance to proc on hit and would proc on kick/bash.

I have a vintage 60 wizard I can lend out if Haynar wants it. Cancel magic and nullify magic were removed from the spell book so you are gonna hafta find those. I'll PM info tonight.