Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-14-2023, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ pvp is not a novelty
That's true, a novelty feature tends to be enjoyable or interesting.
Old 02-15-2023, 11:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back on live, Luclin was truly the beginning of the end for pvp as you could not attack other players in the Nexus or the Bazaar. I don't understand why anyone would want pvp to be limited to certain zones. EQ pvp is not a novelty bc you can sometimes kill a person, but bc it adds a layer of social depth to the experience and guild politics can now play out in even more ways.

just my opinion. it's likely that EQ pvp as i remember it truly is dead, and it makes me kinda sad that so many EQ players never experienced it to begin with. there was something very magical about it, *sigh*
The more effort they put into bad PvP (it's always been shit, even before there were better games to compare it to), the longer it's going to take to get Green2.0 going. There isn't going to be another PvP server. It'll be populated for a month, then die to what Red is now, and just become another bill to pay to keep the server active. Just shut up about it. EQ PvP sucks and so do the people who pretend to have ever enjoyed it.
Old 02-15-2023, 12:57 PM
Fire Giant

Virg detected
Old 02-15-2023, 10:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about adding a bit of custom content to Blue, which mainly would be PVP zones, which the current Red playerbase would be moved to? Red is wiped clean and gets a fresh restart, while red players can remain in PvP?
I always thought it would be a cool GM event to spawn the Avatar of War in the center of Arena and let everyone go at it, whoever gets the kill credit gets some cool loot like Obtenebrate Claymore or Ring of the Warlord
Old 02-17-2023, 07:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrisunx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How can we help to get this project going?
Simply wait.
Old 03-07-2023, 12:25 AM
Aviak

you guys are a lil too hot to trot for a new server tbh imo

what's the point of starting over so soon?

let the server live its life for a bit, and give folks a chance to cool off and enjoy what is essentially now blue 2.0

green needs a couple years to simmer before it's ready for re-do
Last edited by arc; 03-07-2023 at 12:27 AM..
Old 03-07-2023, 12:30 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's one bit of PvP that absolutely should be added to both Blue and Green, and it's actually 100% classic.

C'mon devs, give us /guildwar already!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-07-2023, 12:32 AM
Aviak

the devs rolling green into red would be the ultimate crank
Old 03-07-2023, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

I started a new character on green this week. I'm gonna need some time, don't merge yet.
Old 03-08-2023, 02:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always thought it would be a cool GM event to spawn the Avatar of War in the center of Arena and let everyone go at it, whoever gets the kill credit gets some cool loot like Obtenebrate Claymore or Ring of the Warlord
Saw something similar during Velious back in the day. Giant gnome spawned in I believe Lower Faydark, by the abandoned Druid ring. My friend (Ranger) had used his Tolan'a BP, and there it was with a ton of people on it. He jumped in, somehow got loot credit by the time the thing died, and woke me up (I passed out because we had been playing in 12 hour shifts to camp Stormfeather, and I had just gotten his map piece) to show me him looting a Siblisian Berserker Cloak. There were a couple other things on it, but nothing either of our toons could use so I don't remember what it was.

Kid always got so damn lucky in EQ. I burnt out all my luck in WoW like a dipshit lol