Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 12-09-2023, 01:18 PM
Kobold

There’s 3 static giants far north in Firiona Vie

They flee so have a snare whip, but decent xp to 52

It’s not fast but, honestly killing the CoM entrance bridge is xp until 49/50…buffs always available at stables / temple
Old 12-09-2023, 01:35 PM
Fire Giant

blood point proc is not worth equipping over your current set up with better stats and dps , fungi or cobalt bp clicks is good enough

i have scimitar of lifestealing (which has better ratio and proc volume than bp) and still not worth equipping, the low dps and unreliable proc frequency i rather kill it faster with other weapons with better dps/stats
Old 12-11-2023, 11:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, on topic, where is a good spot for a warrior approaching 50s to solo?

I have a 47 warrior with iksar chestplate, belt of contention, frostbringer and skean. Greater kobolds are largely xp green now, but sonic bats are still off the menu.

Where to go?
I know you said solo, but playing a melee I like to solo places where there's a chance of a group or duo / trio forming.

City of Mist stables, if its empty, is primo. Almost all the mobs are single-pull. Temple is doable at 50 with a Truncheon. Just avoid fog golems and anything inside.

Dreadlands outside of KC is pretty good. Nonstop flow of mobs, can pull them to the KC wall, easy solo. (Just avoid ravishing drovlargs)

Sol B kobolds are good until almost 50. The royals rooms are off-limits solo without a split, but the circle room, noble, etc are all pretty easy to tank 2 at a time. And even if they are green, they are high-con green, so you'll still get some decent xp. Sol B is also a great spot to duo with a shaman or something. It's close to port, got vendors nearby.

Bloodgills are .. meh. They have low HP, and quick respawn.. however half of them are grouped in 2s, it's far away from anything, and you'll never get a duo there.
Old 12-15-2023, 07:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sol B kobolds are good until almost 50. The royals rooms are off-limits solo without a split, but the circle room, noble, etc are all pretty easy to tank 2 at a time. And even if they are green, they are high-con green, so you'll still get some decent xp. Sol B is also a great spot to duo with a shaman or something. It's close to port, got vendors nearby.
So, the issue I found with Kobolds was I was going in by the window room zoneline. The pather at the zone in was consistently xp green, which was fine, and the first static would either be a xp green warrior or shaman. Neither of these were too bad either - the shaman could be a bit spikey but otherwise it was fine.

The second static (heading up, not down) is a nice mob - often blue, sometimes xp green. Probably the best mob on the cycle, especially as it didn't really receive buffs from anything. The other static (heading down from the first) I don't kill as it can be used to prevent fleeing thru proximity by battling your chosen victim in a tunnel above it.

The problematic part of this area was the pathing mob. It can spawn blue, which is great ... except this mob would pass round the zone gathering a full suite of buffs, making it quite tricky to kill - especially if it spawned blue. Wouldn't be so much of an issue if I had a few pummices but I don't.

After some time, I remembered there were other entries to the Kobolds form Sol A.

What I do now is use the zonelines close to the Foreman area. Lurking at these you can wait for single pathing dark blue cons to pull themselves to you. Fighting them by the zoneline they are in close enough proximity to other rooms that they won't flee. They typically cause 25-60% health per fight with a paltry 150 worn AC and just shy of 1700 health.

My playstyle when soloing warriors tends to be quite AFK.

After a fight I'll go to a safespot (the goblin side of the zonelines is fine), activate hide/sneak if available, smash my 4x bandage sit hotkey and take it easy for a bit. I'll then head to the area for my next kill, position myself so I'll get aggroed facing the mob and leave auto attack turned on. The sound of combat alerts me to the fact that it will be soon time to zone out and start bandaging again, and in the mean time just check the positioning of the mob and my character to ensure things go smoothly. Once the mob is dead its back to the start of the process - healing up a bit somewhere safe then heading to the next spot once ready to fight.

The experience is good, and as the two kobold I'm focusing on now are blue they'll still be good experience at least at 48 if not further (the first level of green xp isn't heavily penalised). The loot is pretty decent, a piece of bronze armour or finesteel weapon is pretty common plus pp, etc. More than enough to cover my consumables. If a deficit happens that isn't a problem - there is plenty of fine steel / hq ore to pick up on the way to the gnome or gypsy vendors!

So I hope these notes are helpful to anyone else wanting to slowly level up a mid/late 40s warrior in a low stress low risk fashion with only light gear.

Edit: the one thing I want to add, is having a slow proc would very much help out for warriors that do decide to do the window room area as landing a slow on a hasted mob will remove it's haste.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Last edited by Jimjam; 12-15-2023 at 07:20 AM..
Old 12-22-2023, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

I've not been too well the past few weeks, only able to play for a few minutes at a time with long intervals between activity... but that is perfect arrangement for soloing on a warrior!

Thanks for the push to re-examine Solb I've managed to complete level 47 and 48, hitting 49 off the Kobolds.

Old 12-22-2023, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've not been too well the past few weeks, only able to play for a few minutes at a time with long intervals between activity... but that is perfect arrangement for soloing on a warrior!

Thanks for the push to re-examine Solb I've managed to complete level 47 and 48, hitting 49 off the Kobolds.
Sweet. Yeah I swear by Sol B as a melee who can rip through mobs (war, monk especially) — classic mobs with low HP and fine steel/bronze drops.

At 50 or so, the kobolds will stop yielding great exp, bats might be too high — but the bats at guano spawn are nicely split already into single pulls (avoid noxious spider/lava duct crawler pather )

Made much easier with 201 bind wound, truncheon of doom, even herbalist spade for combat bind wound
Old 12-22-2023, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, 52 and 57 will really be big powerboosts!

Old 12-24-2023, 04:48 AM
Planar Protector

Just got a chance to pop on to p99 blue again this morning - happy to report the pather at zoneline A still cons blue at 49!

Word of warning, a kobold nearby can spawn as a shaman, so you need to be really careful of positioning to avoid heals while still maintaining social to prevent fleeing.

I hope my reported findings help out any other twinked warrior approaching 50 in the future!

I believe at 50 I will need to begin entry at front door and kill the greater/solusek kobolds between the lavastorm/royals/bnb. I'll try to remember to post updates again when I get to that point!

Old 01-13-2024, 09:02 PM
Aviak

Thought I'd give everyone an update as thanks for the help I've received:

I got to level 55 solo killing the wizard brothers and necro in Neriak 3rd Gate. I definitely felt the power. Evasive at 52 is like cheating. I didn't even think beforehand that it'd be useful for soloing, since I imagined the misses between me and the mob would just cancel out. Nope, turns out it's god mode. I didn't even see my own DPS go down at all (had a parser going), and meanwhile blues couldn't touch me. I could kill both level 40 wizards on one Evasive, taking something like 400 melee damage between the two of them combined.

I didn't have any luck with PL, they quoted me a price on the KT axe and then ghosted. And that's just fine, because after playing around with a Reaver I realized I really don't like 2-handers. They might parse better, but it's just not fun waiting an eternity only to end up with a single swing that misses. And chasing runners was awful. I'm back on my dual wield setup for good.

And finally, I'm done. I'm not going for 60 anymore. Even though having god mode on a 7 min timer would be nice, the end game just isn't my jam. I'm deleveling back to 5 and hitting up my favorite spots. See you around on Blue.
Old 01-14-2024, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by poxxy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thought I'd give everyone an update as thanks for the help I've received:

I got to level 55 solo killing the wizard brothers and necro in Neriak 3rd Gate. I definitely felt the power. Evasive at 52 is like cheating. I didn't even think beforehand that it'd be useful for soloing, since I imagined the misses between me and the mob would just cancel out. Nope, turns out it's god mode. I didn't even see my own DPS go down at all (had a parser going), and meanwhile blues couldn't touch me. I could kill both level 40 wizards on one Evasive, taking something like 400 melee damage between the two of them combined.

I didn't have any luck with PL, they quoted me a price on the KT axe and then ghosted. And that's just fine, because after playing around with a Reaver I realized I really don't like 2-handers. They might parse better, but it's just not fun waiting an eternity only to end up with a single swing that misses. And chasing runners was awful. I'm back on my dual wield setup for good.

And finally, I'm done. I'm not going for 60 anymore. Even though having god mode on a 7 min timer would be nice, the end game just isn't my jam. I'm deleveling back to 5 and hitting up my favorite spots. See you around on Blue.
despite how you think 2 hander feels its miles better than 1 handers sorry you dont got