Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 01:10 PM
Banned

I never stopped caring about the National debt.

Also

Don't show this video to any males 45 or older.

Old 03-31-2021, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

I think the issue is these people dont know what the national debt is so they think nobody cared about it before.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am a voting and registered democrat get a grip.
Of course, I believe everything I read on these forums.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

ok boomer
Old 03-31-2021, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the issue is these people dont know what the national debt is so they think nobody cared about it before.
I care about it but it is beyond my individual control. I don't believe either party is responsible when it comes to money and our national budget.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

I keep hearing people just say things like "what are they going to do stop paying social security?"

I don't fully understand how the bond market works, in regards to our ndebt.

On one hand I get it, its a secure way to store money when you have more than enough to care about money and just want to saftely store it. So that's why you'd buy them with such low interest. But, that's kind of a pyramid scheme isn't it?

Plus it is my understanding that the government will lend money to banks, so they can buy bonds.

That to me is straight up printing money, it's creating a paper that says "at one point one of us will pay the other 100 million and if we cant we'll figure out a way to do a deal like this again." But since this a fiat economy that means the dollars those loans and IOU's are made of, are printed.

I dont know how much of that is going on, but it is going on, and if it's a big % of our national debt, then I think the plot to the big short will play out, but for everything.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I keep hearing people just say things like "what are they going to do stop paying social security?"

I don't fully understand how the bond market works, in regards to our ndebt.

On one hand I get it, its a secure way to store money when you have more than enough to care about money and just want to saftely store it. So that's why you'd buy them with such low interest. But, that's kind of a pyramid scheme isn't it?

Plus it is my understanding that the government will lend money to banks, so they can buy bonds.

That to me is straight up printing money, it's creating a paper that says "at one point one of us will pay the other 100 million and if we cant we'll figure out a way to do a deal like this again." But since this a fiat economy that means the dollars those loans and IOU's are made of, are printed.

I dont know how much of that is going on, but it is going on, and if it's a big % of our national debt, then I think the plot to the big short will play out, but for everything.
All of it is completely fake that's why it's so confusing.
Old 03-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

https://nypost.com/2021/03/31/gov-cu...rijuana-in-ny/

mj stonks got a little jump, still down p bad. think i may be holding onto those for a loooong time
Old 03-31-2021, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Possible good outcome of the federal government were defunded.

One problem is that many of the nicest places have been destroyed by infrastructure cockroaches. Oregon and Washington come to mind It seems like once they are destroyed they move outward for greener pastures. Is this the progression of civilization?
What is an infrastructure cockroach?
Closed Thread