Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 03:10 AM
Kobold

Pulling is a nightmare atm. Get destroyed running mobs back to camp and if you have to FD the mobs glitch as they turn around. Think i'll wait till this is patched.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:15 AM
Planar Protector

dont even bother trying to run from backstabbing mobs at the moment
Old 06-15-2015, 03:40 AM
Large Bat

The argument people are giving that "the developers didn't intend for bards to swarm entire zones" is silly. If you're in a group with people who know how to use their classes more efficiently than they did in 1999, than you're arguing against yourself. The people I grouped with in classic were terrible, groups were incredibly slow comparatively. This is because people found more efficient ways to play their classes over the last 15 years, go figure.

I just watched a kid speed run a 20 year old video game in 30 minutes, it took me days to beat when I was a kid, not like he's hacking, he just knows the routes, understands the mechanics perfectly, and practiced. Same concept, getting more efficient at a really fucking old game.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone else noticing mob run speed are a lot faster? Logged on and started soloing in OT, mobs are Usain Bolt fast
lol Usain Bolt
Old 06-15-2015, 05:16 AM
Fire Giant

i used to AE kite on live and it was lot easier than it is here. the pbae's seemed to hit from a bit further away and the mobs hit box wasn't as big
Old 06-15-2015, 06:26 AM
Skeleton

Can this be fixed please? After about half dozen of deaths I've retired my 40ish wiz competely. This is not bards only issue, kiting now is near impossible when you can barely outrun regular trash with sow.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:59 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can this be fixed please? After about half dozen of deaths I've retired my 40ish wiz competely. This is not bards only issue, kiting now is near impossible when you can barely outrun regular trash with sow.
My level 40+ wiz friend also stopped playing his wiz due to this.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:31 AM
Sarnak

I stopped playing my bard altogether until this is resolved not because i can't swarm but i feel i can't contribute to groups at all with decent cc because of all of the songs being super short. Beneficial songs work fine but I like to provide CC when we dont have enchanters and thats not possible with the bugs that are out right now.

Mage'ing it up right now in Oasis & tradeskilling! Hope to see my bard soon!
Old 06-15-2015, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

I had a bard the other day Swarm kite. Wasn't easy, but he did it. Also, I saw an issue on my Mage in DL, but of recent it looks like it is fixed.

I was pulling with SoW on and some of the mobs were RIGHT ON TOP OF ME. That isn't the case as of yesterday.

EDIT:

The issue I saw was when the mob was in range to hit you, they suddenly got Bard Speed, but when they were tagged and not near you they ran normal.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:04 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoogoplop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The argument people are giving that "the developers didn't intend for bards to swarm entire zones" is silly. . .
You know? I don't think it's every zone. I was swarm kiting fine in Qeynos Hills and SK the other day. I actually believe the devs sped up the mobs in select zones where they do not want bards swarm kiting , to which I agree is a good thing as it forces bards at higher levels to be group friendly classes by "classic" design.
Closed Thread