Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 11:44 PM
Kobold

Default Jboots camp isn't classic

I camped the Jboots on Tribual back before they were moved to the AC. this was when they announced they were removing them, I was 6th on the list, we had 2 ninja looters skip the line and i still got them in about 9 hours... my buddy was 7th on the list right after me, he had fallen asleep about an hour and a half before I got mine but I stuck around cause i was high as a kite after getting them screaming "HOT BLOODED CATCH IT AND SEE I GOT A FEVER OF 103" (drenz casts heat blood) Drenz spanwed dropped the boots and I called his house and his mom answered and i was like YO WAKE RYAN UP, (it was like 4:30 AM and we had school the next day) she was super pissed but woke him and he got the boots...

i was talking to the guy who's number 1 on the list on teal and he said he's been there 8+ hours and if you go AFK for more than 12 minutes you lose your spot in line I dunjno if the /list thing is a good or bad thing but clearly the drop rate and not being able to AFK for more than 12 minutes is NOT classic at all.
Old 11-20-2019, 11:46 PM
Kobold

Wow. Your parents were pretty chill. If I had a buddy call my house at 4:30 AM on a weekday there would've been hell to pay!
Old 11-20-2019, 11:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob54311 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow. Your parents were pretty chill. If I had a buddy call my house at 4:30 AM on a weekday there would've been hell to pay!
oh his parents didn't like me for a long time infact i think she mentioned it to me at his wedding lol
Old 11-21-2019, 12:34 AM
Planar Protector

It all comes down to how much you want it.
Old 11-21-2019, 01:26 AM
Kobold

The afk checks are necessary to remove people who would fall asleep, miss the drop, and therefore waste it.

There was no list system in classic, so this was not necessary. The list system is necessary now due to the terribleness of human nature.
Old 11-21-2019, 02:12 AM
Skeleton

A great fix would be to turn PVP on in every zone with these camps. Let everyone sort it out as true Elves, Trolls, and Hobbits would.

It will make for a more immersive and exciting experience and will be much healthier for the player's health than a marathon 12-hour session with no AFK breaks. smh
Old 11-21-2019, 02:52 AM
Kobold

Everyone says turn on PVP but still doesn't account for someone not getting an item that should spawn 33% of the time in 8+ hours
Old 11-21-2019, 03:35 AM
Banned

20 hours 19 minutes

I have dragon blood in my veins
Old 11-21-2019, 03:49 AM
Kobold

I get it if you wanna flex how long you sat at the camp but it's not even close to classic at this drop rate.
Old 11-21-2019, 04:23 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillabunny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get it if you wanna flex how long you sat at the camp but it's not even close to classic at this drop rate.
That's 100% true and I've given this a bit of thought. It's probably good that the drop rates are low given the number of players on the server and that everybody knows what these items are and when they'll be taken out of the game. If the drop rate was as high as it wasn't original EQ, things like Mana Stones would hold all the value of 1990's comics in the future. Which is to say zero
Closed Thread