Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-17-2019, 11:51 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Mouse click kicking me out of full screen...

In the past couple of days, I am suddenly getting kicked out of full screen when I use my mouse on the screen. And it is not consistent. Clicking on the left, center and even right - and I have to alt-tab then alt-enter to get back to full screen before my character runs off kelethin and dies, again.

In the small screen, I can mouse click anywhere without problem. It's just too tiny to play, read or see anything.

I have changed the resolution to reduce the screen from full size, I have run through multiple suggestions from others in the game who have been having the same issue without success. It is impossible to play the game until I find a fix. Any suggestions would be helpful. It was not doing this until very recently. Thanks for the help[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-18-2019, 01:53 PM
Aviak

Are you losing focus when you're in FULL SCREEN or WINDOWED mode (or both)?

I had issues with FULL SCREEN, turned out that while the screen got "bigger" my clickable area was still the same size as in WINDOWED mode. My solution was the stretch WINDOWED mode until it filled everything EXCEPT my taskbar. I then jumped to FULL SCREEN and moved everything off where my taskbar should be. Now I just avoid clicking that very small bottom portion in full screen and can play just fine in both modes.

Marto - 60 Halfling Druid
Fratus - 40 Dwarven Paladin

--Red Server--

Smarrto - 60 Iksar Necro
Mardo - 60 Dwarven Cleric

Old 12-31-2019, 12:16 AM
Decaying Skeleton

i have the same problem , no matter how many time i alt,enter. It always go back to a small screen when i click in the game. i changed my resolution so that the window is bigger and i can play... but im not fullscreen . Anyone got something ?
Old 12-31-2019, 02:50 AM
Planar Protector

I had this problem... i typically play Full Screen (non-windowed mode). What fixed it for me is right-clicking on eqgame.exe, going to Properties, and changing the Compatibility Mode to Win XP SP3. Also fixed the crash upon camping/logging out issue I was having.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 12-31-2019, 03:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirfrankwolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i have the same problem , no matter how many time i alt,enter. It always go back to a small screen when i click in the game. i changed my resolution so that the window is bigger and i can play... but im not fullscreen . Anyone got something ?
While in windowed mode, access options with alt-O. Display tab, then hit the Video Modes button. Set it to a size that is basically full screen. Then switch to full screen, you shouldn't have that problem. If this is the same one I ran across, the problem is that you're running full screen but the the OS thinks you're still seeing a small window, so any click event outside that window will be passed to whatever is underneath the game, usually the desktop.

Yendor has told you the other piece of it already. I'd do that first and see if the problem goes away. If not, try the above.
Old 04-27-2020, 02:35 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks that fixed it.