Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-12-2018, 11:42 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default eqgame.exe-Application error

Hello,

I have installed the game and followed the instructions on the P99 forums to the best of my abilities. But to no success. As i go to start the game with the "Launch Titanium" batch file two windows appear. The first is a box labeled "Project 1999" and states "You can not attach a debugger while playing p99." Once i click "OK", the second box appears. This box is titled "eqgame.exe-application error" and it states "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142) click "OK" to close Application. If anyone knows a quick fix it would be much appreciated.

-Thank you
Old 06-13-2018, 04:13 PM
Large Bat

Check out this thread, it may help you. I had the same problem. I had to configure AVG antivirus so that it knew the EQ folder was legit.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=116516
Old 06-17-2018, 08:53 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for the post, nothing in that thread helped me haha. But I'll try to fool around with my antivirus software a little more to see if I can make it work.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:18 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsyates [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the post, nothing in that thread helped me haha. But I'll try to fool around with my antivirus software a little more to see if I can make it work.
I am having the same issue! Running as Admin gets me no farther [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-18-2018, 07:00 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeyBones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am having the same issue! Running as Admin gets me no farther [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I should add, I get no black screen simply an Error stating "Windows cannot find 'eqgame' make sure you typed the name correctly"
Old 06-18-2018, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

You need to exclude your EQ folder in your antivirus software. Sometimes there are multiple places within antivirus settings in which you need to do this. Or just disable your antivirus.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:31 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Figured it out! Needed to change the pathway from the Default (C:\program filesx86\Sony\Everquest) To: (C:\Sony\EverQuest).

Also, I found you MUST use the Launch Titanium WinApp from the Folder Directly, you cannot send it to desktop!!!