Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 12:50 AM
Skeleton

Default GamParse

Hi guys. This is the dev for GamParse.

I know several of you use the program for parsing, but being as most of you don't read the official eq forums, you may not necessarily keep it up to date.

I thought I might clear up a couple things:

1) https://gambosoft.eqresource.com/downloads.php is the only official source. You shouldn't be downloading it from anywhere else.

2) I've changed my position due to recent developments and will now fix errors or problems related to custom servers.

3) The current version is 1.5.2.17 and is continuously updated with new features and fixes. If you are using any other version you should update to that.

4) If you encounter any errors you can email me at gamparse@gmail.com and I'll look into fixing them. Keep in mind that I don't play here so it may make it a little more difficult to fix problems. Just make sure you're using the latest version before you email me to ensure that hasn't yet been fixed.

5) It is currently only officially supported on Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. It *may* run on other versions of Windows, but that is entirely a gamble.

It also requires .NET framework 4.7.1, which may need to be installed prior to running.

6) There are two versions available for download:

a) The installer version. This checks that your computer meets all the requirements first, and if not, will prompt you what to do. This version also includes an auto-updater that runs each time the program is started to keep it up to date.

b) Standalone exe. The program is the same, but it doesn't install, or check requirements first. It does include a manual check for updates that runs on start, but it will only prompt you if there is an update, it won't update for you.

If you have any other questions or concerns, just ask or email me.

Thanks.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:59 AM
Banned

Wow cool
Old 11-22-2017, 02:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamParse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi guys. This is the dev for GamParse.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:44 AM
Banned

I came here to troll and left feeling oddly satisfied
Old 11-22-2017, 11:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is fixed by turning off warnings in the options. (something I bug reported!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same. Gamparse used to be v annoying until i disabled warnings, then it worked great
Old 11-22-2017, 11:34 AM
Banned

notatrojan.exe
Old 11-22-2017, 11:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He didn't like that I was continually spamming him with errors trying to load old P99 and Al'Kabor logs that don't conform to current Live log formats!
i assumed this meant it was broken!

i've now installed the official version of your virus OP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-22-2017, 11:54 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He didn't like that I was continually spamming him with errors trying to load old P99 and Al'Kabor logs that don't conform to current Live log formats!
No, I didn't like that I was being spammed by errors I had already fixed in updated versions.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:56 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is fixed by turning off warnings in the options. (something I bug reported!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That doesn't fix anything...it just hides it. Unless you also turn off error reporting I still get emailed when there is a problem.

Turning that off doesn't fix anything, it just makes it harder for me to fix it because I don't know it's happening.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:52 PM
Fire Giant

I use GamParse a ton. Thanks for the awesome tool. But last time I tried the new version it crashed. Using 1.0.3 works fine for P99.
Closed Thread