Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 09:48 AM
Kobold

Default How rare are Call of Earth, Call of the Predator?

After a week of EC WTB'ing, and checking forums, and eq auction logger, and seeing a bzillion other peeps looking for the velious ranger spell drops.... Are these 2 actually rarer than Torpor? plenty of torpor action in auctions in all 3 places...

I can't even get a bearing on whether i need torpor-like money to fund my ranger experiment! I'm not gonna be able to ranger solo this stuff either, right?
Old 06-24-2018, 10:18 AM
Fire Giant

[Sat Jun 23 10:58:23 2018] Jakobus auctions, 'WTS Spell: Monster Summoning II & Spell: Shroud of Pain & Spell: Boon of the Garou & Spell: Call of Earth & Spell: Flame of Light & Song: Melody of Ervaj & Spell: Blizzard'

[Sun Jun 24 10:25:45 2018] Posty auctions, 'WTS Spell: Call of the Predator-Spell: Focus of Spirit-Spell: Disintegrate-Crustacean Shell Boots-Dusty Breastplate-Rod of Lamentation'

I don't know if either of those 2 people sold them, but both of them were for sell in the last day. The second one of those was like 20 minutes ago
Old 06-24-2018, 11:21 AM
Fire Giant

Call of Earth is extremely common. So much so that I never loot it when it drops. Predator not so much but I find it on vendors in Kael (weirdly enough) fairly frequently.

I think they're just ranger spells and no one bothers looting to sell because of the ranger stigma and marginal spell price in the tunnel.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:07 PM
Banned

Call of Earth seems to be pretty common. COTP is more rare.

You might just be hitting an unlucky streak.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:52 AM
Kobold

I caught up to Jakobus. Thanks for the name and time...he was on at same time again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funny how something can be so common it develops its own rarity in the EC tunnel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-25-2018, 08:45 PM
Sarnak

It took us two-three months of regularly farming 6 Necks until we got CoTP for our guild leader. One week later I got my copy, week after that I have 2 spares in my bank.

Auld Lang Syne Discord - click here to join
Please read our charter and post in #new_applicants
Old 06-25-2018, 10:05 PM
Fire Giant

The Shardwurm Matriarch https://wiki.project1999.com/Shardwurm_matriarch drops all the level 50 Velious Spells including Call of Earth. She has a high drop rate of spells (I farmed her for awhile on my 60 shaman), like on average one per kill or two and has a quick respawn time (same as the ancient dragons in the same cave I think). She sometimes drops two spells. The spells are all considered common and sell for 50-150pp each. She can be a pain in the ass to solo for most classes as she fears (a 60 will resist most times), complete heals (that's the hardest part), etc.

Call of the Predator is much scarcer, mostly off 60+ WW dragons.
Closed Thread