Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-11-2016, 01:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMeanCow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The instructions say to unzip to your EQ directory, but when you do it will create a subfolder called "hires_s3d" instead of overwriting the s3d files. This is why it might not be working for you. You have to pull them out of the subfolder and drop them in the main directory, overwriting the old ones.
^ Thank ya, I had this previously and forgot what I was doing wrong when putting on new comp
Old 01-23-2016, 04:35 PM
Large Rat

Default WOW!

Super impressive! I've been playing for a sense of nostalgia, but after that wore off I decided to try for a face lift. This is super work and thank you so much for both the effort and sharing!
Old 01-27-2016, 03:52 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

sometimes I play from a shitty laptop, does anyone know if this will affect performance?
Old 10-08-2016, 03:34 AM
Sarnak

As much as I understand the nostalgia of the classic textures (and was kina missing the retro skull textures in Neriak) i feel like these are needed. People originally played EQ on a small low res CRT monitor so the textures had what acted as a filter. Now we play in large LCD monitors (or tvs as in my case) with high resolutions. Unless you're playing on an oldschool monitor you arent seeing the same thing you saw back in the day. Thankyou so much for posting this.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:06 PM
Orc

This is amazing! Just reloaded Qeynos and it's awesome!

Dare I say, better than classic?!
Old 05-02-2017, 07:53 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default what did I do wrong -

When attempting the unzip it says the file is empty, clearly it isn't since it's quite large. What did I do wrong? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-24-2017, 04:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1rh3ad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As much as I understand the nostalgia of the classic textures (and was kina missing the retro skull textures in Neriak) i feel like these are needed. People originally played EQ on a small low res CRT monitor so the textures had what acted as a filter. Now we play in large LCD monitors (or tvs as in my case) with high resolutions. Unless you're playing on an oldschool monitor you arent seeing the same thing you saw back in the day. Thankyou so much for posting this.
2k-4k resolution update would be nice. Hey a guy can dream 8)
Old 10-11-2018, 05:18 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Excited to download and play this!

Curious though, any chance there are other mods? Like live graphics/EQ2?
Old 10-12-2018, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felmourn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Curious though, any chance there are other mods?
https://wiki.project1999.com/EQClassicHD

Me on the difference between EQ Classic HD and this mod:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whats the difference between this and the other character texture one?
Our textures were upscaled using a superior denoise algorithm and converted to DDS for memory conservation so you'll crash less often, whereas Chebby's texture package from 2013 will cause your client to crash more often. Our package includes a ton of completely redone textures which are mostly true to classic aesthetics - basically all held items including weapons and shields have been painstakingly pored over and manually improved. Our package includes Sorn's masterfully reworked character faces (see the screenshot thread). Our package includes all transparency patcher fixes preapplied, as well as all of Zaela's animation and particle fixes, and a litany other miscellaneous transparency, semi-transparency, and cosmetic fixes which are all unique to our package.
Old 10-31-2018, 12:43 PM
Kobold

I've been wondering, how does one open a s3d file in a separate image viewing program? I wish to extract textures, convert them over and utilize them in a map within the Source engine for Gmod or Team Fortress 2.

If anyone can answer this question for me I'd greatly appreciate it since I been looking all around on figuring out how to do so.