Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 10-20-2022, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't even like competing with other players for content. I definitely wouldn't like getting killed by other players.
Red 1.0 is the place for you for no competition, its stable with good classic database and no competition. The ideal server to explore a classic like experience.

Red 2.0 will be for people looking to have a significantly more classic experience mostly because of the additional amount of players.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-20-2022, 10:33 PM
Kobold

Red 2.0 is destined to fail. No one will play it outside of first week at best. PvP in EQ is terrible. guess these are troll posts, cuz green 5.0 will happen before a red 2.0 is even thought about.
Old 10-20-2022, 11:27 PM
Planar Protector

99th times a charm
Old 10-21-2022, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

All servers die. Not every server truly lives.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-24-2022, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All servers die. Not every server truly lives.
Old 11-01-2022, 09:52 PM
Large Rat

Hi, I also want team PVP, any suggestion?
Old 11-16-2022, 05:19 AM
Orc

New Red server with vanilla lock at launch! team pvp and open registry among so many players would create a whole new perspective of PVP servers, you'd gain a lot of new pvp server loyalists and casuals. Do red 2.0 or Magenta/Ruby/Orange/Pink/Wine w.e
Old 11-22-2022, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

I don't weigh in much on PvP discussion, and I've never played red, but I did play rallos zek on live classic primarily and went to sullon when it released for a year or so.

If a PvP server showed up that was popular I'd be on it, but if a bunch of folks like me out there think the same way it would never work since we're waiting for everyone else to show up lol
Old 11-23-2022, 11:42 AM
Sarnak

my experience on red so far has been... platinum and items given to me without begging, druids buffing potg without asking, druids PLing our groups without asking, anyone within range gladly grouping regardless of the composition.

very nice community on red99 imo. this is my 2nd play through since my main was deleted a long time ago.

there are rarely low level PKs. whats the worst thing that happens? someone kills you and most likely it turns into a positive reaction after that and you learn something. just dont /ooc your level and location when lfg and the chances of a PKer is even lower. if you're continually harassed, ask for some help in /ooc or take a break. it's really not a huge deal.

at lvl 60 it's an even better experience. people who play carebear servers and are bored of the never ending grind would find some unique fun on pvp server. it adds a more social aspect to the game and truly offers more depth to eq.

if there ever is a new red99, imo teams would be cool as it potentially pits low level twinked PKers against each other and allows for a "somewhat" safer feeling
Old 11-23-2022, 11:51 AM
Banned

I've thought about playing on Red.

Considering the population, should I think about rolling a class in terms of what may be needed for raiding or what's effective in PVP?