Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2021, 03:11 PM
Large Bat

Default Recover Deleted Chars ?

Hi there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Long story short :
- I started playing p99 early 2020, it took me like 5mn to get addicted again to the game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- I mainly played a bard, she was lvl 29, very nicely stuffed, I spent a lot of time on twinking her, playing sometimes solo, but most of the times in group - all the feelings were back in no time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- But when the covid situation went uncontrolled IRL, I had to stop playing. Understand that I didn't want to stop, but working in an hospital, I had to make a choice as I didn't want to spend my spare time playing EQ when my colleagues needed me IRL.

I knew I wouldn't be strong enough to not launch the game, so during august 2020 I decided to erase everything. I kept my accounts, but deleted all my chars, including my bard. And to be sure I would forget them all, I gave all of their hard earned equipement and money to random people in EC - I am not complaining, this was a great afternoon, and oh boy everyone was happy lol - My poor Syleen Black dissapeared mostly poor and naked (but with her Deceiver mask and her two EBW) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

- Today the situation is slowly coming back into control, and I start to have a bit of spare time once again. I would love to play EQ but think I won't be able to spend again the dozens of hours on a character again so... you saw me coming : my question is simple :

Do you think there is a way to get back my deleted chars (at least my main char) ? I searched everywhere but can't find any explaination to do so, I'm not even sure that DB backups are done on a regular basis :/

I have not much hope, but I think I have to try.

Thanks in advance for any information and be safe all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Rod / Syleen