Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 09:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol, sounds like the guy who got me into EQ a little bit. I heard some table top games got 'the treatment' for inclusion.

I was making fun of it recently on twitter. Orcs needing a shrink Can any of you see Emperor Crush in a commercial? talking about his feelings.

Orc Smash, Orc Kill, Orc make your blood spill!

Crushbone, an Everquest story part 1, 2 and 3

Really just ripping hard on the orcs that look like they were made for Overwatch, WoW or Fortnite. I erased the rant. Next day #Orcs are trending on twitter with people going on about how racist it is. Comparing them to real people and what they represent. Then the response to that was "white slowflakes incels upset and feel like their fantasy is being attacked"

Lol.. pwning. But its gross how the console controller/ mobile generation is with this stuff. So I get what the guy was going for in his messages about the old D&D, JimJam. This is pwning so the old guys need their safe space or else they will snowflake over their precious nerd shit. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
true
Old 04-29-2020, 09:52 AM
Banned

As a dumb kid, sorry? I use to poke fun at people who missed their LoTR orcs the way they were supposed to be, and ya comparing this stuff to real life is bananas.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:54 AM
Banned

Reality is I am a troll. There's trolls online, and they can be really trolly, and sometimes you got to trigger those trolls into trollin? In order to get them outa your guks??? IDK how else to explain it...

I don't think subject of OP was deliberately trying to troll at all from that perspective. Hope he gets a nice group of people who he can forget about all this dumb irl stuff with.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:57 AM
Banned

^

I mean, I struggle back and forth with knowing I am an old shit now and grumpy or if my point is valid that the PC has become an upgradeable xbox with Microsoft office.

I guess D&D guy doesn't want his fantasy game getting all mixed up with politics and identities, to the point joking or not that a fantasy race is trending on social media about racism, which could further change the thing that interests him. Some people think its a good thing. Who cares other than the D&D guy that was interested in it.

Then I think, no my point is valid.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

I still think you are cool Mblake! Even if I did originally misunderstood your name to mean you were born in '81, not you were 81 years old when you registered your account [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Any hobbies I dip in to have the thing you reference; old hats with not just aversion to change, but regression against it - going back to the good old days.

I mean even I am guilty of it; I've just finished painting up a 4th ed Warhammer army. to kids it's objectively terrible and backward, but to me it's better!

As time goes on, and social values continue to shift, we will likely be left at least a little bit behind and become the closed minded and intolerant old folks that we grew up with, slightly ashamed of.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

oh and Magnet you're welcome to post as much as you like in any thread I create. You always have interesting points that I wouldn't have considered myself.
Old 04-29-2020, 11:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still think you are cool Mblake! Even if I did originally misunderstood your name to mean you were born in '81, not you were 81 years old when you registered your account [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
This triggured a deep hearty chuckle. Yikes.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[/spoiler]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

U know, I try to be considerate, but I fail pretty miserably and deserved every single god damned ban I got.
Old 04-29-2020, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Any hobbies I dip in to have the thing you reference; old hats with not just aversion to change, but regression against it - going back to the good old days.

I mean even I am guilty of it; I've just finished painting up a 4th ed Warhammer army. to kids it's objectively terrible and backward, but to me it's better!

As time goes on, and social values continue to shift, we will likely be left at least a little bit behind and become the closed minded and intolerant old folks that we grew up with, slightly ashamed of.
nearly 40 and talking, ranting and arguing about this stuff makes me feel old as dirt. Favorite PC game though.
Old 04-29-2020, 12:04 PM
Banned

I never expected to make it to 40 but this year... I will turn 39, I had to use a calculator to figure that out. I haven't been able to remember how old I am for like the last two years. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is terrifying, more terrifying then ever time I go to sleep at night not expecting to wake up in the morning, only to be surprised as hell.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:48 PM
Banned

lmao that orc looks damn near those never trumpers at their rallies A+... but shoulda thrown a pussy hat on there
Closed Thread