Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-09-2022, 03:20 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Mana will not regenerate

Please help!
I just started playing on Blue and I'm having a blast. The issue I have is that my Druid can not regenerate mana. Stats say: 2/151, then client tick, 5/151, then server tick and I'm back to 2/151. Logged out and back in to the same. Exited completely and relaunched to the same. Repatched, same. Deleted all files, reinstalled, repatched, and still the same. Not sure what else to do.

I would also like to note that after the first relog attempt I have no mana bar under my health bar.

Thanks for anything that may get me playing again.
Old 02-09-2022, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

you gotta drink water (or milk if you have any self respect)! food for the yellow bar...

If you're thirsty, you can jumpstart the process of regening mana by right clicking the water until youre full, then you'll start regenerating again.

Try to keep enough food water on you at all times to avoid this! Then youll never have to worry about it.

Some min maxers always right click food/water, so they can keep some stat food in their inventory without the game auto eating the stat food, but that is literally the most insane thing I can ever imagine someone doing in this game. And there are some insane things you can do in this game..
Old 02-09-2022, 03:29 PM
Aviak

you aren't getting a message that you are out of drink and thirsty correct?

have you tried creating another caster to verify if its a client or character specific issue?
Old 02-09-2022, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah this must be a out of drink issue. You need to keep some drink on you at all times as a mana class. To figure out if something is a drink, hold right click on the item until the description box comes up. It should say something like "This is a drink". If it says nothing, it isn't a drink, even if the name/graphic would suggest otherwise.

Here is an example https://wiki.project1999.com/Water_Flask

EDIT: Also, alcohol does NOT count as a drink, even though you can right click to consume it in the same manner as a water flask.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-09-2022 at 03:47 PM..
Old 02-09-2022, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

OP fully experiencing 1999 gaming if he reinstalled to solve this and it was actually an empty bag that was the issue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EDIT: Also, alcohol does NOT count as a drink, even though you can right click to consume it in the same manner as a water flask.
One peeve of mine is alcohol in this game. It should give you HP/AC and work as water, but cause the fov and wobbly walking problem.

especially dwarves should get 2x bonus as other races

Game would be 10x better if dwarves were rolling around all the time struggling with life and unable to efficiently move to any target, but were massively good tanks.
Old 02-09-2022, 03:57 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I can't believe that was the issue. Picked up some milk and turnips and I'm back in business. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-09-2022, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP fully experiencing 1999 gaming if he reinstalled to solve this and it was actually an empty bag that was the issue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

One peeve of mine is alcohol in this game. It should give you HP/AC and work as water, but cause the fov and wobbly walking problem.

especially dwarves should get 2x bonus as other races

Game would be 10x better if dwarves were rolling around all the time struggling with life and unable to efficiently move to any target, but were massively good tanks.
It does increase your stamina, and so max hp, if you drink enough of it. Lets you bind wound to slightly higher health as a warrior.

It also ruins your avoidance AC or whatever. If you’re doing a damage shield PL you can get drunk to be hit more without having to spam sit and take a bunch of max hits.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-09-2022, 05:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloejim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't believe that was the issue. Picked up some milk and turnips and I'm back in business. Thanks for the help.
You are truly reliving the pure experience, bless you and welcome!
Old 02-09-2022, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-09-2022, 10:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloejim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
5/5 thread, would read again 😂 glad I'm not the only one this has happened to. I once mistook the alcohol in a bag for Fuzzlecutter and was wondering why the hell my mana wouldn't regen