Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I returned in your exact same shoes. No money, no characters, never played a Druid. I would go halfling for the bonus exp and easier starting area.

I did 1-3 newbie area in Greater Fay. 3-6 outside of Kaladim farming bone chips way after they became green.

Turned the bone chips in until I hit 9. Had a nice level 57 give me 100 plat.

Bought spells and got a really good deal on a decent melee weapon.

Then I got a port to NK, ran to Qeynos, sat for a few hours until someone could bind me.

Then I spent 9-13 or 14 farming gnoll fangs and rabid grizzly and wolf pelts in and around Black Burrow.

At 13 or 14 I turned in 160+ gnoll fangs and 35+ grizzly pelts and hit level 20. The pelts are worth 4 pp per turn in and I had turned in quite a few rabid wolf pelts which are 2pp each + exp. I was able to easily buy all of my level 14 and 19 spells with that money.

Good luck.
I knew not about these qeynos rabid™ quests, the plat alone sounds much better than going the faydwer route. When I finally get a chance to play again I think i'll roll a hobbit. Along with druids I never rolled a hobbit on live, always played elves of some variety.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

Speaking of qeynos and gnoll fangs, is this guide from the p99 wiki correct? 300ish fangs gets you from 11-20??

http://wiki.project1999.com/Gosh%27s...oll_Fang_Guide
Old 11-24-2013, 02:48 PM
Sarnak

Yes it is correct but the time it takes to get that is quite a bit.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

I did not do the full 300, or even 200 and that guide is by a hybrid with the hybrid penalty. As a druid, I would grab as many rabid bear skins as I could, since you can just heal the rabies.

For a Halfling Druid, I would love to see how far 300 fangs would take you. I might make a halfling rogue or warrior just to see how high you can get with that many fangs.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

All druid mains should be wood elves. There is a definite separation between them and the other available druid races. Halflings are acceptable as alts for the exp bonus, but not mains. That's just my opinion but alot of people share it.

I don't think any of the turn-in quests for exp are worth while any more. They nerfed all the exp off them. bone chips, gnoll teeth, crushbone belts. skip all that and kill mobs.

You are going to want to get a magic weapon asap so that you can kill willowisps. Save up a few plat and buy a combine scimitar or do the quicky quest in surefall glade if you can find a ride. You'll need that weapon around level 11-12. willowisps will be your exp/cash cow for a while to get you started buying other gear.

Level a few levels in GFay but any time after level 7-8 get yourself to antonica and bound in freeport and dont go back to gfay unless it's a dire emergency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you are soloing alot here's some recommendations:

20 - oasis
25 - west karana spiders
high 20's - south karana bull elepant at water and roamers mammoths in everfrost (charm if u like)
mid 30's - specters in feerott
high 30's to high 40's - roaming bouncers in feerrott or rathe hill giants

once u get your first quad spell if you feel the urge then aviak village in TD is your spot. Best have an incandescent staff tho as your mana pool will be borderline.

all those drop good cash vendor drops, make sure you have alot of bags, bind where you're fighting and port yourself to a druid ring to sell when u can't walk.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by williestargell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All druid mains should be wood elves. There is a definite separation between them and the other available druid races. Halflings are acceptable as alts for the exp bonus, but not mains. That's just my opinion but alot of people share it.
There really isn't a huge difference between different druid races except that Hide is a nice ability to have. Halflings also have Hide. Stat differences are not enormous and don't matter much in the end-game when WIS is easy to max anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by williestargell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think any of the turn-in quests for exp are worth while any more. They nerfed all the exp off them. bone chips, gnoll teeth, crushbone belts. skip all that and kill mobs.
This is straight-up false. Kaladim bone chips, Crushbone belts/pads, lightstones, and especially gnoll fangs all give very large EXP at the appropriate levels.

Quote:
You are going to want to get a magic weapon asap so that you can kill willowisps. Save up a few plat and buy a combine scimitar or do the quicky quest in surefall glade if you can find a ride. You'll need that weapon around level 11-12. willowisps will be your exp/cash cow for a while to get you started buying other gear.
You really don't need to be meleeing mobs at level 11-12; you can nuke/dot. Magic weapon certainly doesn't hurt at low levels but it becomes unnecessary in the teens/20s and I wouldn't call it a must-have. Although a nice DPS weapon can make low levels, especially pre-10, a breeze.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 11-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

Went with a human druid, far too many woodelves and halfings.. traded hide for an eye patch XD

hit level 4 before i had to leave for work and working on killing gnoll hunter(s) for that uber Jaggedpine Crook. I must admit not twinking and finding quests for gear/weapons is fun times.

Also trying to locate the 2 rabid wolves that spawn @ (3000,1000) to (1000,1000) according to the wiki, i've completely forgotten how to read the maps, is the first number left/right and the second number up/down?

Thanks again for all the assistance
Old 11-26-2013, 12:30 PM
Sarnak

first number is north/south, second is east/west
Old 11-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Sarnak

You don't need to leave Faydwer for good XP/money:

1-6 GFay and Orc Hill
6-10 Outside Crushbone and Crushbone (sell CB Belts and Lego Pads) (can stay in CB longer if you like grouping)
10-13 Steamfont (expecially 4-mino camp near LFay zone line, all single pulls)
13-16 LFay Nybright Sisters (Can use harmony to split last two sisters. Great cash camp
if you can get it.)
Closed Thread