Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 09:27 PM
Sarnak

Default Shaman wearing Druid gear?

Hey All,

I am fairly new to the Shaman class, level 21 atm. Was curious as to whether or not I'd be making a big mistake in doing a gear transfer from what my 37 druid is wearing over to the shaman here.

I was aiming for a higher Mana pool in doing this, but I realize that at 29 I would get cannibalize. I understand that Shaman's are the most Melee able of the "Priest" classes so It would make sense to me that while I may be boosting my WIS, I'm suffering a big hit to the AC and Durability as I'd be walking around in leather, and then Im probably facing restrictions due to the race size.....

Thoughts?

Thank's all.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

canni is 24.

bet you been playing for 20 lvls like a dru too? have you actually tanked anything yet.....

yes you need to achieve a bal between ac/hps/wis......plenty threads on this or chk wiki page ofr shaman.

ears/ring slots you can afford to lose ac for wis. belts/neck there are 2 shm only items that are cheap ish......ivory imb collar, and flayed turmoils skin belt.

imo dont rush to hoover up totemic/jbone armour...neither have great stats. Its the fashoin victimistas who are after the plate look, that grab them. The tot helm is the best item but also the most costly/time sink quest.

Id go with treeweave for bp, for high ac.
Not much choice in legs tbh, pre velious......totemic is an option here. tip- rygorr ftw)

Personally i went with the rule, if a slot was less than ac 8, then fall bakc on banded for it. Ive always played shm as melee till 25.(obviously using slow/dot/nuke in the mix)
After which you tend to get sucked into grps as apatch healer/slower/buffer.

30-34 is a frustrating time....hard to solo effectively. hhk guards are an option if you can stand the faction issues!

34+ is a joy!! dont forget to keep your conjuration up )

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Last edited by blondeattk; 11-26-2013 at 10:03 PM..
Old 11-27-2013, 01:38 AM
Planar Protector

For a mid-to-high level shaman, until you get Torpor, I'd push WIS, mana, HP, and to a lesser extent AC. AC is not enormously effective on this server, and you'll get EXP most effectively by root-dotting if you're soloing. You do take some hits root-dotting, especially indoors, but not a ton. Once you get Torpor at 60 the game completely changes but you're a long way from there.

Meleeing is not a good way to level a mid-to-high level shaman unless you have some really good gear. It is more effective at lower levels.

So I'd say you can certainly gear him kind of like a druid, though focus more on HP than you would on a druid. AC, not a huge deal.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 11-27-2013, 02:36 PM
Sarnak

Jaundiced bone arms and boots get you great ac in slots where there aren't many other affordable options. 5/55 rings are ideal, don't mess with wis in this slot.

Don't be afraid to buy something if you're able to get a good deal. I wore a tree weave I bought for 450pp for ~3 months then resold for 800. If you're willing to wait for bargains, you're investing, not spending.
Closed Thread