Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2022, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

When red was at like 250+ in 2016 after they added the group exp bonus the pvp was fun while leveling. You just need pretty constant policing by GMs to prevent griefing.
Old 01-29-2022, 07:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Either item loot 4 level limit or no level limit at all.

Reason is that sub level 60 pvp is a total joke without item loot. No reason to fight twinks if there’s no hope of loot, essentially no penalty for twink death.

With Sullon rules at least a different high level can come clean up a zone occasionally. The levelers just go to a different zone or log till guy is gone just like vs non lootable twinks so it’s no loss.
If i was that much of a troll id push for no level limit. Just to break out the popcorn reading the forums. I still remember the level of the wiz that one-shot me in blackburrow when i was 6 or 8. Level 45. One shot. I looked at the screen, logged off and rolled on rallos. And this was back then with like some baby griefers, wasnt with people like the general holocaust player going full-on grief. I might be wrong but i highly doubt it.
Old 01-29-2022, 07:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-you guys stopped complaining and actually play the game
-pvp actually happens

it's that simple
why would i play on a 30pop server when theres a 300+ pop server?
Old 01-29-2022, 07:59 PM
Sarnak

u mean the prospect of leveling solo for 400 hours in empty zones doesn't excite you?

huh. weird I wonder why these multiple expansion red servers with classic exp rates are top-heavy and don't have many new players. what a mystery
Old 01-29-2022, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If i was that much of a troll id push for no level limit. Just to break out the popcorn reading the forums. I still remember the level of the wiz that one-shot me in blackburrow when i was 6 or 8. Level 45. One shot. I looked at the screen, logged off and rolled on rallos. And this was back then with like some baby griefers, wasnt with people like the general holocaust player going full-on grief. I might be wrong but i highly doubt it.
Sorry, I didn't mean to say no level limit item loot PVP, that, I do think would be stupid.

Either item loot 4 level limit, open
Or no item loot no level limit, teams.

No item loot, 4 level, variable level, Bla bla bla all means the same thing. It means that there is very little reason to pvp at low level and mostly its just grief causing.

But with the no level limit, the teams are important so your fellow team mate level 60's have the pleasure of hunting down would be noob griefers. There would need to be some kind of points system for killing people within good level range.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 01-29-2022 at 08:20 PM..
Old 01-30-2022, 12:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry, I didn't mean to say no level limit item loot PVP, that, I do think would be stupid.

Either item loot 4 level limit, open
Or no item loot no level limit, teams.

No item loot, 4 level, variable level, Bla bla bla all means the same thing. It means that there is very little reason to pvp at low level and mostly its just grief causing.

But with the no level limit, the teams are important so your fellow team mate level 60's have the pleasure of hunting down would be noob griefers. There would need to be some kind of points system for killing people within good level range.
Item loot is king. <3
I always said, item loot had its own way of balancing a server.
Old 01-30-2022, 08:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Again, i dont see it happening. A sizeable portion of the pop will be for quite a while after launch, sitting in some raid zone for 8 hours at a time. People like Cast and Casey will be devoting full-time to griefing people who are slower to climb the level ladder.

I'll play if thats what they go for and see what happens but i might abandon on the way seeing the pop numbers drop like flies and think whats the point, dead server again.
Old 01-30-2022, 08:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
u mean the prospect of leveling solo for 400 hours in empty zones doesn't excite you?

huh. weird I wonder why these multiple expansion red servers with classic exp rates are top-heavy and don't have many new players. what a mystery
I know Rogean and all pride themselves on a classic experience but i would love to see a Red99 2.0 server with boosted xp. Maybe X2 or X3, just that would help a ton in keeping the server alive. Without xp loss. Xp loss will never be worth it, unless they DRASTICALLY and i mean like absolutely drastically reduce the amount that was there on 1.0 launch. Im talking about 50 deaths for a blue bubble or something.
Old 02-01-2022, 05:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When red was at like 250+ in 2016 after they added the group exp bonus the pvp was fun while leveling. You just need pretty constant policing by GMs to prevent griefing.
Yea bullshit, I played as a casual, and when some nerd twink came to grief MM another nerd would show up and there would eventually be some group pvp.

Server just needs a wipe so the people with BiS gear can't dominate the server anymore.
Old 02-02-2022, 08:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server just needs a wipe so the people with BiS gear can't dominate the server anymore.
This. It will probably happen eventually but at least the journey there will be fun and take longer (if we dont go with (imo) a full retard setup like no level limit pvp).

Red launch to mid-kunark was such a bad experience compared to rallos. With one of the 2 big guilds completely dominating whatever zone they were in with xp loss and gearing up so that advantage quickly gets even more overwhelming. I stuck with it to see the zones i didnt see on live but id never suffer through another thing like that.
Closed Thread