Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2023, 07:28 PM
Aviak

I can't even get the game to launch. Crashes at login screen, o well back to p99.
Whispering their hidden song.
Then you see what cannot be—
Shadows move where light should be.
Out of darkness, out of mind,
Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
Old 10-06-2023, 07:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by menadwen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't even get the game to launch. Crashes at login screen, o well back to p99.
Thisen hisen?

EQMAIN.DLL error running the game

This happens if you try to launch the game from Windows Search results. Don't launch from search results. Navigate to the folder manually and run eqgame.exe directly, or create a desktop shortcut, or launch via hotkey.net
Also this error can happen if your anti-virus deletes some game files. Make sure you set AV exclusions and the game files aren't being quarantined
Old 10-06-2023, 08:34 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thisen hisen?

EQMAIN.DLL error running the game

This happens if you try to launch the game from Windows Search results. Don't launch from search results. Navigate to the folder manually and run eqgame.exe directly, or create a desktop shortcut, or launch via hotkey.net
Also this error can happen if your anti-virus deletes some game files. Make sure you set AV exclusions and the game files aren't being quarantined
Turned out to be I had wineq running.
Whispering their hidden song.
Then you see what cannot be—
Shadows move where light should be.
Out of darkness, out of mind,
Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
Old 10-06-2023, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The client here is just so bad. Can’t use all filter for melee, shakey mouselook, targeting is horrendous. Love the idea but the client is just a hurdle that is too much for me to fight through.
The targeting is so bad, but seems classic - I remember it being bad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-07-2023, 01:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is a great tip for new players on the PQ server from dedicated TAKP dev Torven that shares underlying Defense skill up code.

-Make sure to work on Defense skill early.
-Upon death at level 9 you spawn at bind point with full gear and no exp loss.
-Upon death at level 10 you spawn without gear but still no exp loss.
-Upon death at level 11 you spawn without gear and begin to lose exp upon death.

Plan accordingly and get those Defense skill points early prior to level 9 and level 10 so you don't end up with a high level character with very low Defense skill.

Defense skills faster at lvl 4 if you have a full set of cloth armor. A full set costs 2.5p. Defense skills on successfully mitigation ac rolls. If you have nothing but the 2ac newbie shirt, that 2 AC is the only thing generating successful mitigation checks.

I parsed this about 20 times during beta. If you want to skill defense, get suited up in cloth.
Old 10-07-2023, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneldor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Defense skills faster at lvl 4 if you have a full set of cloth armor. A full set costs 2.5p. Defense skills on successfully mitigation ac rolls. If you have nothing but the 2ac newbie shirt, that 2 AC is the only thing generating successful mitigation checks.

I parsed this about 20 times during beta. If you want to skill defense, get suited up in cloth.
This makes sense, I started a half elf warrior in qeynos (not bertox) so had no newbie and therefore had no worn AC and didn't get any defence sill ups for 3 hours (ie until I had looted some cloth armour to wear).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 10-07-2023, 04:53 PM
Banned

Aussenseiter delivering tech help is proof Aussenseiter is on quarm lol.
Old 10-07-2023, 11:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneldor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wonder if it worked this way on live. Would explain why my naked rallos zek character with bagged gear never got any skillups
Old 10-07-2023, 11:17 PM
Banned

I remember having to work hard to keep defense capped early on.

At some point they did change it so dark greens would give defense skillups so you could delay capping it to like lvl 6 and 14 ish.
Old 10-08-2023, 10:17 AM
Large Rat

Does DOT damage show on Quarm?
Closed Thread