Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 06:02 AM
Aviak

Default Shaman twinking.

Question has been asked many times, but here goes it again.
Rolled a lvl 1 Ogre shaman.
I got already a fungi and have 115k to spend on it.
I pretty much plan on spending it all, but was hoping to at least have a couple of pieces that would retain it's value later, so that if someday i'm looking forward to buy let's say jbb or get my epic MQed or somethin, i can resell it and get it right away. (for example, if I get an RBG, i'd benefit from having haste while i'm leveling the low levels, and then can trade it later for jbb or plat).
I was thinking that buying JBB right away or getting torpor from the get go, would be counter productive in the way that those wont do me any favor while i'm leveling. So if i can spend wisely those plat gearing it out with stuff i will benefit from level 1, will make the leveling ride goes smoother and faster.

I'm curious to see how you guys would spend that money with example for each slots.
Thanks in advance.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:48 AM
Kobold

You pretty much answered it yourself. Epic/Torpor/JBB can wait.

- Best twink item for a shaman is a Fungi: Check
- First levels you are a battle priest. So go with either a Poison Wind Censor (cheap) or get a GFG. Bit better, but not worth the extra 7-8k tbh
- Any haste item will do to be honest, fbss or sash of dragonborn
- On items focus on HP primarily, can buy a full set that will do well until 50 for about 4-5k

At 45 immediately buy the JBB (it really shines 45 up to around 54).

Enjoy the shaman life! Don't forget to heal at lower levels with inner fire and not the heal.
Level 65 Shaman of Wudan on Rallos Zek
Old 08-23-2013, 10:07 AM
Sarnak

Probably better off using Jade Mace to 20, then switch over to PWC.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Kobold

Oh aye, your right. Jade mace pre 20 will make you a killer shaman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level 65 Shaman of Wudan on Rallos Zek
Old 08-23-2013, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWoTHa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Question has been asked many times, but here goes it again.
Rolled a lvl 1 Ogre shaman.
I got already a fungi and have 115k to spend on it.
I pretty much plan on spending it all, but was hoping to at least have a couple of pieces that would retain it's value later, so that if someday i'm looking forward to buy let's say jbb or get my epic MQed or somethin, i can resell it and get it right away. (for example, if I get an RBG, i'd benefit from having haste while i'm leveling the low levels, and then can trade it later for jbb or plat).
I was thinking that buying JBB right away or getting torpor from the get go, would be counter productive in the way that those wont do me any favor while i'm leveling. So if i can spend wisely those plat gearing it out with stuff i will benefit from level 1, will make the leveling ride goes smoother and faster.

I'm curious to see how you guys would spend that money with example for each slots.
Thanks in advance.
youve been able to farm 100+k plus fungi yet you cant answer some simple questions about twinking?

hehehehehehehehehehehe $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 08-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

most shaman key items hold their resale value. They also can be resold sometimes for 50% more depending on the time you wait.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:19 AM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to papercolor

What everyone else said but here is a specific list.

2 Plat Fire Wedding Rings 5ac 55hp
Haste Item
Jade Mace
Poision Wind Censer
Fungi Tunic
Sarnak Battle Shield
GEBS
Cheap stuff in the rest of the slots, banded, cheap chain or wiz items.

I would wait to fill the rest with anything too good. Quest for totemic once your 30's. Save to spells and etc.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

I'd say after the essentials (good weapon, haste, fungi) just focus on AC and HP.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 08-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Sarnak

I Grouped with a twinked shaman at earlier levels and he rocked a jade mace with a haste item pre 20 and he just tore through those low level mobs. He got through the first 20 levels so quickly, then transfered over to a pwc. He just went straight into the second level of befallen at level 4 and owned everything.

Edit: he also had fungi/tons of other items
Old 08-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Aviak

Basically what I was trying to ask, was that if I have 115 to spend on gear, how would you spend those plat to fill all the slots? I'd like to have the list of slots and suggestions which in total i could afford. I had in mind to get an RBG for the haste (so that later when haste from belt is no longuer useful, i can resell). For the rest of the slots tho, I'd like input. So far the idea of the jade mace from 1-20, then PWC till 40 sounds good. I was thinking more toward howling harpoon... i'll see what i can get.
So yeah, basically what i'd like is suggestion of complete set of gear that would fit in the 115k price range (considering i already have the fungi).
Closed Thread