Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Default Need some input for Kedge Keep

Hello all. I am a level 30 Druid and I want to start charming in Kedge Keep in the coming levels. I have a few questions.

1. Does the shield of Prexus give EB or is it an instant cast effect? Looking at this or the earring.

2. What is the minimum level to do the entrance to KK? I know the fierce impaler has a chance of spawning and he is low 40's, but if he isn't up, how tough is the entry area?

Also, any input or guides on leveling in Kedge are welcome, I have read most of the input on the forums and wiki about Kedge, but any more info from Druids or Chanters that have leveled in there is much appreciated.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

ur a lil low to do much charming anywhere but the ent

even then will b dicey as ull easily aggro entire first room if not careful

Kedge is great for high lvl druid charming, w Call of Karana and Glamour u can dominate anything in that zone that doesnt have boobs

but mobs near the ent r still light blue even at 60

id read up on other places for lvl 30 to charm kill... what lvl is EK
Old 11-27-2013, 02:25 PM
Kobold

Most guides say Overthere, High Keep, EJ, Everfrost or FM for the 30ish range.

I can't find details on when any of the guides say to start in kedge but just looking at the wiki it looks like the entry area mods are 28-32 but most everything else is 39+(most being 42+).

Not saying don't do, if you can that's great, just "stating the obvious" to hopefully provide some perspective in the discussion.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

I am only looking at the front room. Seems the great ZEM and the fact that they are animals is enough. honestly, I don't need more than two or three spawns at my level.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:11 AM
Planar Protector

shield is a worn effect, you probably want to take a partner to learn the entrance area since it sounds like you are new to the zone. even with a partner though the xp will be stellar, I've seen multiple mid 30s duos holding down ent area for xp in my time.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:03 AM
Banned

its too hard at 30... you can charm yes, but you can' harmony and things will just pounce on you. Most likely if you try it you will see why even at 39 its probably less viable for exp than you think.

If you really want to level, go to high keep and kill goblins in the basement til 35, the zone counts as outdoor so you can use your full spell line and break the place yourself. Then, start killing guards til 41... or switch to Overthere once you get your higher level charm. Groups will be better exp than solo.

<3 i had the kedge dream too, its more like a nightmare
Old 11-28-2013, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am only looking at the front room. Seems the great ZEM and the fact that they are animals is enough. honestly, I don't need more than two or three spawns at my level.
another tree hugger lured in to feed the fish.....phinny wins again!

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 11-28-2013, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

When my brother and I were leveling, we went there as a 34 mage and 33 druid, I was the druid and I can tell you it was a little dicey even then. Mobs at ent hit you for 80-90. I would suggest finding a mage friend. Very powerful duo for there.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:18 PM
Kobold

Come back at 39. Entrance is great exp till 45 out so.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:54 PM
Banned

You are all pumped, all buffed up, then you get in there and realize you never bought lull animal or that you'll have to cast EB or drown... first room, one mob takes all the mana and then u sit there medding and wasting your EB... then, at last you realize you're a druid and port to an outdoor zone
Closed Thread