Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 04:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is also a leader board that records every kill so you can see where the hot spots are in case you are looking for or trying to avoid PvP.

http://r99pvp.com
Red leader board site also good for looking up peeps who show up in zone. If they have 0 kills, then no worries.

Number one word of advice...make friends.

Can go to popular zones with group of friends. Could lead to some fun 6v1 pvp vs
a twinked ganker.

Don't get your jimmies too rustled if someone kills you. Be cool and you might
make a new friend out of it.

Welcome to red!
Old 10-12-2014, 10:08 AM
Sarnak

Long break. Much needed vacation. Wasn't sure if I would return. Returned - testament to fun and excitement of server. Even though writing this while being bind point farmed. Cold blooded wood elf "guards" care not about gnomes. Might be fun to raise wood elf faction to surprise would be attackers. Perhaps next chapter!

Look for group. None around. Check out Crushbone against all my better judgment. While solo. As a cleric. With no gear. Spirit of red right? No one here except some HOLOCAUST dudes. Try to talk to one of them and see what's going on. No response. Must be too busy holocausting or whatever people do on red.

Run around trying to kill some blues. Cleric in full cloth and cracked staff sucks. I may have forgotten that. Eventually run into a bard and enchanter. Lower level than me but friendly and we get on to killing. Group has absolutely no dps. Still vastly outperforms solo xp. Bring on the bards with rusty weapons and no dual wield!

Midway through group bard says "brb looting castle". Not sure if an elaborate trap but I follow anyway. Need spell money. Get to castle and entire place has been murdered, orc corpses everywhere. Greed overtakes and all of a sudden incredibly overweight. According to group, holocaust member to thank. Ironic as I thought they were in business of pvp not pve.

Good time for group to break anyway. Can barely move so do bank run and back to lfg. Nothing this time so boring solo chapter in Butcherblock begins. Chessboard too hard, full mana bar to kill any blue. Not great so wait around hoping for group again while slowly soloing - seems even solo xp faster here. Evocation 50! Alteration 21! Server really is pretty fast.

Played a lot so next chapter coming but not written yet. Best chapter yet, promise, First pvp skirmishes and death! This is starting to get fun.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:07 PM
Orc

good reads, keep em coming [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Sarnak

Back in Crushbone. Part 2. Last venture went well so enter foolishness and bravado. But more lazy than foolish, perhaps this is how wolves get prey. Run around looking for group again and meet some folks from earlier except now they brandish a shiny new guild tag. SLAMDUNKATRON. Interesting. Guild names more inventive here than blue. Chat with them and eventually invited to group. Looks like another ragtag group but beauty of red, no one cares, just get 6 able bodies and go to work.

Things looking up again in Crushbone. Xp flying, coins and loot all over, no griefers in sight. Then first newcomer arrives, Redgrocer, announces his presence and I prepare. Have to assume worst case scenario. Lucky this time, seems to be high druid. Buffs us and spot heals. Genuinely nice folk around it seems. Xp still flowing, time passing by, Redgrocer cracks a few jokes, "WTS Knuckle Sandwiches", etc.

Group keeps on getting levels, up to 12 now for me. Plan our move into the dreaded castle. What could possibly go wrong. Nothing it seems. Ding 13, ding 14. Not much to report. Accidentally nuke tank instead of heal, friendly fire! Glad nuke only does 19. Tank sure was nervous. Good laugh. Wishing I had brought new spells, didn't realize full group so fast for xp. Get a full castle pop pull and we're blasting away at it. Mezzes, roots, heals, adds. Going great.

Then it happens. Right in the middle. Perfectly executed. Ugly troll (any other kind?) in full plate bearing name of Cornhole smashes in. B lining for me. No time to con. Mashing root, resist, flash of light, resisted. Troll has prepared well. Have to use size to advantage. start running around table in castle room. Tiny gnome hard to get to amidst chaos. Weaving between mobs, keeping table between us, distance too. Group bears in on her, have to DA. Pulse racing, bravely tank while entire group tries to kill. Finally troll gives up and forced to flee. Good battle fought, 1v6 and none of us in any shape to give chase I think, as bloodthirsty bard goes after Cornhole. Doesn't manage to kill, but not surprised. Glad bard didn't die. Thing was beastly tank.

Group settles back in to grind. Feeling good, survived first gank, strength in numbers. Redgrocer shows up again, buffing and healing once more. Back into good xp groove. Few guys leave group but we feel confident, new levels under belt, defended territory. Unstoppable. We stay, clear a big pull and it happens again. Oom and low hp this time. Out of nowhere, ranger and a rogue appear. Rooted. Backstabbed. But not giving up. Land flash of light on ranger, rogue still zeroed in on me. Root gone. Dead. At least it was quick.

Running back, rogue waiting for me at next lift over. He seems noble, not attacking me. "Nice fight" he says. And it was. Can't be mad at them for providing entertainment. Make way back to castle. No signs of either ranger or rogue so back to it we go. Going well then more show up. But they aren't after us. It's Redgrocer's turn. Godzila, a monk runs in, gets sitting blow on poor druid, boom 150 health gone. Doing best to heal him but light healing only go so far. Godzila's friend comes. Redgrocer fighting back but sadly outmatched. Nothing we can do to help and down he goes. Godzila says, "my ranger's regards".

Pvp definitely serious business. Nothing quite like it.
Last edited by hablabba; 10-12-2014 at 06:45 PM..
Old 10-12-2014, 06:35 PM
Sarnak

Welcome. Life is rough here but it pays off. Being able to kill PEOPLE with your dragon loot is fucking amazing.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:39 PM
Banned

good read, note that server is great till 50+

then it takes a big shit and you may as well quit
Old 10-12-2014, 07:11 PM
Kobold

Another good read. Keep em coming. Cheers.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread should be posted on blue forums.
Someone should make a red thread linking
Old 10-12-2014, 11:43 PM
Kobold

good stuff
Old 10-13-2014, 02:59 AM
Banned

i love your posts. i feel like i have to roll on red tomorrow now. new toon i think, 24 shaman is meh
Closed Thread