Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyways, exp will be normal. If it receives any increase, it will be minor.

This was one of the huge arguments prior to p99 launching. I didn't listen to it then, and proceeded onward. My experience since that time has shown I made the correct decision.
I think you're right on this, even though I'm going to absolutely hate it personally (I don't have near as much time to play as I used to).

It does keep people playing longer, and there is something to be said about the "investment in your character".

I played a lot on the fast exp red servers and they were very short-term in scope. They skipped a massive chunk of the game + an integral part of the overall experience. The economy suffers because there's no real market for low level items. Nobody goes to zones like Unrest or Solusek A or the Karanas. "Mid level PvP" doesn't even exist. Etc.

I do, however, wholeheartedly agree that the hybrid exp penalty is fucking retarded + should be removed. It would make sense if those classes were stronger than the ones that level at a normal rate, but they aren't. In fact, Rangers are pretty horrible. It really shouldn't be in the game and I don't think anyone can put forth a compelling argument to keep that "classic" feature.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thoughts on Hybrid Penalty by ability and power.

SK-HT is powerful, and they get pretty strong late game.
Keep Penalty ^

Paladin-LOH, Group healing and on pretty much on Par with SK.
Keep Penalty ^

Bard-Best PVP class, can literally do everything except solo dungeon bosses. Actually
has an option not to die. Wrist might hurt for some.
Raise Penalty ^

Ranger-Has track, loses DPS if casting weak nukes and has poor heals. Bow is a joke. Can be OP with Mistwalker and Sky gear.
Lower Penalty ^

In the end, my ideas aren't "classic" and just my humble opinion.
HT and LOH is nice but certainly not a reason to keep the penalty

rangers suck overal so there is no need for a penalty there

bard, yes, bards are OP, especialy in pvp but then again, mages and necros are op too

penalties have been one of verants worst decisions back the day
Last edited by mitic; 11-09-2011 at 04:03 PM..
Old 11-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know the experience rate is currently 10x normal to allow for better testing, and I am guessing it will be dropped significantly for the games release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know the experience rate is currently 10x
Quote:
experience rate is currently 10x
Quote:
10x
Quote:
I am guessing it will be dropped significantly for the games release.
Gonna throw out a total random guess and say that the exp will be 10 times slower then on beta and that is the way it should be, screw leveling up every class to max lvl in a week aka VZTZ, pick a class and stick with it.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Sarnak

Penalties are there simply because the class/race can level faster than another.
Trolls and ogres are clearly more powerful than the smaller races and hence will kill shit faster and have a small xp penatly.
Paladins / SKs/ Rangers / Bards will all kill mobs 10 times faster and have a LOT less downtime than a pure melee class.
It makes sense.
Now all the pet classes get a xp penalty with their pets taking xp.
So it seems the most fair than it has ever been.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Kobold

Yes because a paladin xps faster than a druid. They totally need to get 40% less xp...

That was the original logic yes, but they realized it was retarded later on and removed the hybrid penalties. This was however not in the P99 timeline so we won't see it.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Fire Giant

penalty is there because its taken from D&D. Your logic on them lvling faster is not sound since almost all casters will lvl faster and do not share similar exp penalty
Old 11-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Aviak

I wouldnt mind seeing a slight xp boost to compensate for xp loss from pvp death, like Sullon Zek.

Or make pvp xp death rezzable, again like Sullon Zek.

But, that's a minor nitpick. Certainly I do not want faster XP than blue99. Nilbog's instincts are +++.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HT and LOH is nice but certainly not a reason to keep the penalty

rangers suck overal so there is no need for a penalty there

bard, yes, bards are OP, especialy in pvp but then again, mages and necros are op too

penalties have been one of verants worst decisions back the day
Ill be glad to take the penalty on my monk and wizard for a LOH or HT abilitiy, Id even take a 100% reduction without complains.
Quote:
exploit - is the code word for they outleveled me and are now outfarming me
Old 11-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Banned

casters get 10% xp penalty

FACT
Old 11-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread