Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 09:59 PM
Skeleton

Default Oggok Faction or Illusion failures?

Hey all,

I am playing a highelf enchanter, got to level 12 and picked up the spell illusion darkelf. Then I go through the entire Stein of Moggok quest and was able to use the darkelf illusion to turn it in without a problem. over the following two days I help a friend in misty thicket (not personally killing or turning in any quests or anything .. just helping him) and took no changes to faction. then I started gathering the parts for the Stein again, figuring that I could use some coin so I would sell the one I have once I get to the book (last step before turn in finish). once I have everthing gathered. I head to Freeport, turn them in and then have the book ready to turn in in Oggok. I sell the stein I currently had and get to Oggok. this time however I noticed that the guards outside were KOS so I thought, no biggie I remember reading that some still would be. So I put on my darkelf illusion (still KOS) and then Invis. Zoned in and made my way to Clurg for turn in. As soon as I clicked on him to target my invis droped, DE illusion still in place, and the guard next to him kills me. I get a port back, illusion and invis up, get to the room, drag my corpse out into the hall where it was clear, looted it and before I could invis again a wandering guard comes around the corner and kills me again. I de-leveled back to 11 so I was not able to try anything again.

Has anyone else had issues like this?? Does it seem more like a faction issue or an issue with illusions not chaning factions correctly? I was treated as if I had no illusion on.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:09 PM
Fire Giant

Yep, this is a known (and big and nasty) bug introduced in the last patch...

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2957
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2972
Old 02-17-2010, 11:28 PM
Skeleton

lol go figure I didnt see this when reading through that thread the other day ... had I know I would have sold the thing much higher or kept it till issue is fixed lol
Last edited by joe; 02-18-2010 at 12:53 PM..
Closed Thread