Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 10:50 AM
Kobold

Default 2 players, 2 computers, 2 accounts, 1 IP

My friend is over my house and he cannot connect to the server and gets us a temp IP ban when he tries to log in because I am already logged into the game, is there a way we could both play...?
Old 08-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Aviak

http://www.project1999.org/forums/announcement.php?f=25

You are looking for an IP Exemption. From my experience it can take up to a week for them to process. The server staff all have real jobs and volunteer their personal lives to make this fun for us.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:09 AM
Aviak

Currently playing a shitty SK on red named Beal in the meantine -_-
Last edited by Midgeon; 08-01-2013 at 11:47 AM..
Old 08-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Should edit out your account name. Use this subforum for requesting IP exemption:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Follow the rules in the link provided by emp82
Old 08-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, never put your account name out publicly like that.

Character names are fine, just not EMU accounts.

Like ele said though, you need to make a post in the sub forum, and you need to follow the directions to the letter in order to get your exemption.

This is to prevent people from 2-boxing. I kno it may seem like a hassle, but it greatly reduces the amount of people 2-boxing or more. And boxing like that can b really bad for the server.

All that being said, it would have been really easy for you to use the search function. That way, you wouldn't have even had to wait for a reponse, you would have had your answer right away!

Lastly, if you are just trying to get an exemption so that you can 2-box (ie, you arent actually playing with a friend, you just want to play 2 chars), you will get caught, lol.

Good luck, and be patient! these things usualy dont happen overnight, and the staff has been especially busy lately due to the DoS attacks.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 08-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrocks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, never put your account name out publicly like that.

Character names are fine, just not EMU accounts.

Like ele said though, you need to make a post in the sub forum, and you need to follow the directions to the letter in order to get your exemption.

This is to prevent people from 2-boxing. I kno it may seem like a hassle, but it greatly reduces the amount of people 2-boxing or more. And boxing like that can b really bad for the server.

All that being said, it would have been really easy for you to use the search function. That way, you wouldn't have even had to wait for a reponse, you would have had your answer right away!

Lastly, if you are just trying to get an exemption so that you can 2-box (ie, you arent actually playing with a friend, you just want to play 2 chars), you will get caught, lol.

Good luck, and be patient! these things usualy dont happen overnight, and the staff has been especially busy lately due to the DoS attacks.

Actually, I just used the search feature to look up "IP Exemption", and the only thing mildly relative was this exact thread. I got answers very fast as well, and comments about me two-boxing can be kept to yourself. I made a proper exemption thread, thank you all.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Fire Giant

Actually, bullshit.

"IP Exemption", those exact terms, brings up dozens of threads that covered this very topic before your post.

Gotrocks loaded you with valid information - you didn't need to throw him under the bus for taking the time to reply to your needless thread.

Good luck with your two-boxing, or whatever.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, I just used the search feature to look up "IP Exemption", and the only thing mildly relative was this exact thread. I got answers very fast as well, and comments about me two-boxing can be kept to yourself. I made a proper exemption thread, thank you all.
you're an idiot.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, bullshit.

"IP Exemption", those exact terms, brings up dozens of threads that covered this very topic before your post.

Gotrocks loaded you with valid information - you didn't need to throw him under the bus for taking the time to reply to your needless thread.

Good luck with your two-boxing, or whatever.
Right, because I would level two warriors consecutively... Do you want a christmas card containing a photo of us at our computers too or something? I didn't even know it was called an exemption, how the hell would I search for one. Lol.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Kobold

Fortunately, there are people who are more willing to type out the "correct answer" than to type out a response that basically says "idiot for not searching correctly." That's like telling the newb in game, "idiot for not googling," rather than giving the coords (which you handily know) for, say, the firepots in TD.
Closed Thread