Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Would you be in favor of some kind of class or archetype specific forums?
Yes - a sub forum for each class. 93 59.24%
Yes - a sub forum for each archtype (Melee, Caster, Priest, Hybrid). 29 18.47%
No. 17 10.83%
Think outside the bun. 18 11.46%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since the obvious people these forums will help (lesser experienced, just starting out, etc) were already getting their asses kicked by the Search Function:

anything other than the typical 14 sub boards for each class is going to just confuse them further.

If the main justification for these boards is to reduce the clutter in Server Chat and help people find information on their class/quests/gear/etc... Why would we try and group up the subforums in strange ways to hide that information? It would completely defeat the purpose of having them.
What he said.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And where do you go if you have a question on gear or class specific quest?
You mean for classes where you fit into two categories? They could either pick a home forum amongst themselves, or just do either one - I assume most monks will check both puller and dps forums, I know I would when I wanted to talk monk stuff. Also, sometimes there's an easy answer. SKs go to the tank thread, not the puller thread, since that's their primary role.

An example of a tougher one, I think bards go to the CC thread for bard-specific, not role-specific, talk, since they share more w/ enchanters than any other one class as far as role (mana/buffs/CC/slowing/hasting) - but I think some bards may feel more puller or melee dps. They can decide.

Class-specific ones aren't that much worse than role-specific, in my mind. I'm just thinking they'd be more stagnant, would add a lot of forums, and people would miss a lot of good advice from classes with overlapping roles.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Kobold

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I'd probably simplify it to Tank/Dps/Priest/Caster/Ranger groups personally.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I get what you're saying. I'd probably simplify it to Tank/Dps/Priest/Caster/Ranger groups personally.
He he ?
Old 09-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Kobold

I was jokeing about the Ranger part =p
Old 09-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Sarnak

Have the devs given any more thought to class-specific subforums? This would be an excellent way to gather useful information about classes, like relevant quests, level-recommended gear, and recommendable hunting spots as well as class strategies and philosophy of game mechanics. As it is, we have people cluttering up the server general forum with posts about how to play a shaman, or where to solo a monk, or what gear a shadow knight should get, and these threads have been posted en facsimile AT LEAST 50 times each in the history of the forum. This would also make it way easier for people who actually have experience with the class in question to comment on the requested info.

I have lots of useful things to say about chanters, but I dun wanna retype the information a jillion times, answering the same questions over and over!
Old 09-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

Class specific. They play WAY too different to bulk.

Oh and sk/pal's are extremely hybrid. The bard is the closest thing to needing a new archetype.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

yea, i see how this would help out alot not only for beginners, but anyone wanting to play a new class they have no clue about, or ect
Old 09-06-2011, 09:30 PM
Banned

there are too many subforums already. Really a terrible idea to add class boards at all.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noleafclover [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like sub-forum for roles, I don't think there'd be quite enough traffic in say, the rogue forum. I also like the overlap, you might find somethin in a necro thread as a mage, etc.

The archetype doesn't break it down well enough. I mean wtf is a hybrid? Pretty much a ranger and that's it. Paladins and SKs are tanks.

I'd do -
Puller (monk bard SK)
Tank (war pal SK)
Melee DPS (monk rogue ranger)
Caster DPS (wiz mage nec)
CC (ench bard)
Priest (druid shaman priest)

So as a monk, if I have a topic on melee dps it goes in the melee dps forums, where it might help rogues, pulling puller forums for other pullers etc.
That's...a huge mess. Rangers, Druids, Enchanters, Clerics and Necromancers are all capable of pulling when done right, hell even Paladins in the right situation.