Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 09:18 PM
Sarnak

Default How many hours to level 1-40.

I'm arguing with a friend about how long it will take to level an iksar necro 1-40.

Days is subjective...how many hours you guys think? Assuming you're soloing or at least in good xp spots.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

Like you said "Day" is subjective. Early on more than a level a day is reasonable for most people, but then later on only neckbeards can keep up that pace, so just as a guesstimate I'd say 50-60 days.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

on red <2 days played. on blue maybe a week.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:17 PM
Sarnak

50-60 days is really subjective, are they 1 or 5 hours days?

50-60 x 24 seems extreme.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:20 AM
Planar Protector

If you're playing well (soloing in good places using the most efficient methods), you could probably average 3 hours a level... this would be my ballpark figure. So, 120 hours... about five straight days. Possibly less time, probably not a ton less time.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 03-18-2015, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you could probably average 3 hours a level... this would be my ballpark figure. So, 120 hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
50-60 days is really subjective, are they 1 or 5 hours days?

50-60 x 24 seems extreme.
I was thinking something like 2 - 2 1/2 hours a "day", which fits Estu's estimate.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:06 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I recently levelled up a iksar necro and these guys are out of their minds. 3 hours a level? 50+? Its not happening. Even the hell levels early on take longer than that. And I am talking solo non stop fear kiting blacks and dark blues in a zone with a high EXP modifier. A necro iksar is a big commitment. A lot of - exp penalties. I feel like some of these people are thinking they are getting a PL from a friend when they quote you. You are talking about straight up in groups around your level or soloing mobs you can take right? Are these guys including the time it takes you to farm pp and items? Or are you twinked? Are you going to do this naked? Are you going to stop and farm jboots? I spent 12 hours one night just to get jboots at lvl 49ish... With your own spells and no high level outside help. Its going to take a long time. And that's why its about the journey. There is a ton of downtime in this version of the game even as a iksar necromancer.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:41 AM
Sarnak

Read OP. Levels 1-40. Seems doable. Esp if using charm @ 20.

But no fuck ups at all ever. yeah right ;p
Old 03-19-2015, 12:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandshrubbery [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recently levelled up a iksar necro and these guys are out of their minds. 3 hours a level? 50+? Its not happening. Even the hell levels early on take longer than that. And I am talking solo non stop fear kiting blacks and dark blues in a zone with a high EXP modifier. A necro iksar is a big commitment. A lot of - exp penalties. I feel like some of these people are thinking they are getting a PL from a friend when they quote you. You are talking about straight up in groups around your level or soloing mobs you can take right? Are these guys including the time it takes you to farm pp and items? Or are you twinked? Are you going to do this naked? Are you going to stop and farm jboots? I spent 12 hours one night just to get jboots at lvl 49ish... With your own spells and no high level outside help. Its going to take a long time. And that's why its about the journey. There is a ton of downtime in this version of the game even as a iksar necromancer.
1-40, naked, soloing, no PLs, no item farming (not necessary). Hell levels take longer but there are only two to get to 40. Charming is more efficient than fear kiting. 3 hours a level might be a little optimistic, but I don't think it's outrageous. It's assuming competent, efficient play. There is a big difference between a lazy necro and a necro soloing at maximum effectiveness (nothing wrong with lazy solo play, by the way).
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Closed Thread