Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

Default Sir Lucan D'Lere - FTE or Camp?

Moregan: It spawns at a static location, it is definitely campable.

Eunomia: it is a campable spawn. It is static. The person camping may not log/zone/die but it is the same type of camp as any other static spawn

Does this mean that Verina Tomb & Vessel Drozlin are also camps and not FTE? Since when? Variance makes the difference?

So we can afk camp Lucan till the final minute? Awesome!

I am confused...
Old 06-05-2015, 11:40 AM
Fire Giant

I like how you slipped that last bit in there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-05-2015, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

problem with blue is soulfire is usable by everyone. glad red doesnt have such cheap trickery ezmode hacks exploits.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Moregan: It spawns at a static location, it is definitely campable.

Eunomia: it is a campable spawn. It is static. The person camping may not log/zone/die but it is the same type of camp as any other static spawn

Does this mean that Verina Tomb & Vessel Drozlin are also camps and not FTE? Since when? Variance makes the difference?

So we can afk camp Lucan till the final minute? Awesome!

I am confused...
I think variance is the difference here.

You can AFK camp King Tranix and Warlord Skarlon for example.

And Vessel roams, he isn't a static spawn.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:53 AM
Fire Giant

Sir Lucan has been very much FTE regardless of the rule, I've been sitting there and have had it contested dozens of times.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

You also don't have infinite time to engage targets you're camping. If Verina or Lucan spawn, and you do not immediately tag them, then it becomes FTE even if you were the one at the camp. I would also recommend against stalling on them.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
problem with blue is soulfire is usable by everyone. glad red doesnt have such cheap trickery ezmode hacks exploits.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You also don't have infinite time to engage targets you're camping. If Verina or Lucan spawn, and you do not immediately tag them, then it becomes FTE even if you were the one at the camp. I would also recommend against stalling on them.
Immediately tag = FTE.

If you are there 'camping' him and he spawns and you engage within a reasonable amount of time (say a few minutes) then it'd be a camp. However, there is generally a group of people that show up 1-2 minutes before he spawns and will try to FTE "steal" him from the person that's sat there for quite a while.

I do feel bad for Paladins that are actually trying to do the quest as part of their epic. They are basically blocked by those using Soulfire as an exploit for clicky CHs.

I think the rule of thumb, which isn't the case, is don't be a D-bag. If there's a Pally there "camping" him as part of doing his/her epic, then the considerate thing to do would be to yield the spawn to that person. Heck, if somebody's been sitting there waiting on the spawn, the polite thing would be to yield it to them.

Sadly, that's not the attitude by a large majority of people here on blue.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Immediately tag = FTE.
Maybe you're misunderstanding things. If the person camping them does not tag them pretty much as soon as they spawn, then it becomes FTE. You cannot let them stay up uncontested. That's not how *any* camp works, much less Lucan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
However, there is generally a group of people that show up 1-2 minutes before he spawns and will try to FTE "steal" him from the person that's sat there for quite a while.
If this happens, I would recommend petitioning with proof of it happening.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Sarnak

So how about Phinny? Typically you can wait there with your posse and then once it gets closer to spawn time other guilds start showing up... On more than one occasion I've seen players start the seahorse pull immediately right when he spawned even though they were not setup there first claiming it's an FTE race. Static spawn? So it's camp then?
Closed Thread