Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 12:32 AM
Fire Giant

Paladin is the slightly better group tank. Paladin can save the day with stuns, roots, and spot heals when things go sideways. SK can only try to tank harder.

Sure SK can pull, but Paladin can too with lull, and even if lull fails they can string the train out with roots either as its on its way or with their own bodies, backing up after each root.

Good groups will have a dedicated puller that is NOT the tank anyways. You want a mob in camp (on your tank) 24/7. The puller keeps pulling.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagglepuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best! Coolest guildhall and best npc names in Norrath!
Dismal rage guild area is so sad by comparison. No wonder why they are all so angry there.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:33 AM
Kobold

paladin is better, monk/ranger will be pulling not you anyway, and root is actually nuts CC and is very underestimated by players, can never say during blue that i liked having a SK more than a pally tank in my groups as a monk puller, as per usual though the mindset of everyone on the forums is how well can they solo...news flash they both suck because they are melee classes and will need groups to do basically anything but i guess SK is technically better once gear comes around, paladin can basically be a sudo CC class if actually use their stuns and roots properly
Last edited by Kanuvan; 10-20-2019 at 01:36 AM..
Old 10-20-2019, 01:45 AM
Fire Giant

Paladin is a way better group tank and also a pretty good off healer eventually. Both classes are fun though and you can't go wrong with your choice.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:13 AM
Sarnak

I've saved many lives and probably wipes with LoH, but SK certainly has more tools and is probably more fun overall. I can't remember if Pally group heals are a thing during this server's lifetime, but they definitely make the class feel more complete.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:35 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also am torn between all the tanks, I just can't put together the characters I want for green ;D Today ive been testing Troll and Ogre SK's, Halfling Druids and Clerics, and Dwarf and Erudite Paladins ;p

So conflicted on everything.
I like every role but only want to limit myself to 2 chars that aren't any of my blue mains (bard/wiz/monk)
I feel the same! I’m sure I’ll have an alt or 2 to play around with.. gnome mage? Human monk? WE Druid?? Haha
Old 10-20-2019, 02:40 AM
Banned

i lub my SK but i haS groUPed wiT a loTTa guD pallIes tho dat wAs VeliOUS erA so idk
plaY wut u LIek aboVe All
Old 10-20-2019, 02:49 AM
Aviak

sk if you want to live
Old 10-20-2019, 02:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel Adesanya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sk if you want to live
Roll SK or we shoot this dog!
Old 10-20-2019, 03:06 AM
Aviak

Erudite paladin is the answer you seek. It's a difficult race class combo, but it's stylish and fun. You won't regret it!

If erudite SKs make it in at launch, that is another possible option for you. Cazic Thule isn't as cool as Prexus, so it's a slightly less ideal combo, but it'll do in a pinch.

Blue Server
Aegnor Eldruin - 60 High Elf Wizard <Dial a Port>
Vizeryn_D'Raethe - 60 Erudite Paladin
Formerly of <Azure Guard>
Closed Thread