Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NOTCLASSIC.gif
who cares about a classic ui

classic gameplay, A+

classic ui? haha no I don't want to look through a screen the size of a first gen gameboy
Old 04-27-2015, 12:20 PM
Fire Giant

Oh, my eyes!

Oh, it's cancer!

Oh, it's so terrible!

Oh, it's not classic!

Oh, it ruins my immersion!

Oh, that's right, it's not models, so the hypocrites remain silent.
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Old 04-29-2015, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

Other people using Luclin models ruins my immersion in the same way that allowing gays to marry ruins the sanctity of my marriage.

And that is why Luclin models should not be allowed to marry Classic models.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luniz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
who cares about a classic ui

classic gameplay, A+

classic ui? haha no I don't want to look through a screen the size of a first gen gameboy
Because classic UI impacted classic gameplay.

There are HUGE advantages to having updates UI features:
  • Cycle Targets Hotkey - Trivializes CC and makes debuffing, healing and pulling easier
  • Buff Durations - Know exact timer on buffs before they will end gives a large advantage to being more efficient and not running into a situation where say... You're about to start a quad kite and SoW drops before mobs are snared.
  • Multi hotbars - Having just 10 hotkeys available at any given time limits Many classes effectiveness. You could swap pages but doing so opened up more opportunities to stumble and hit a wrong key.
  • Multi Chatbars - Having a single chat box meant most people had to filter out a lot of text. Otherwise in the span of a raid or group you may have missed something like a caster mob casting gate or an aggro message of a mob through a wall, etc.
  • Bags - People easily gear swap very quickly or swap clickies around. I believe you were limited to a single bag open for awhile and no UIs showed your inventory/equipment slots unless you made a Hotkey of them. So swapping instruments required you devote a few hotkeys to those slots limiting what you could have for your other few hotkeys.
  • Book Meditate - Big sacrifice giving up your vision to increase mana regen until 35.
  • Mana Value - Knowing your exact mana value rather than just the blue bar you could see allowed you to be more efficient with spell casts when low on mana and when judging if you just gate out from a tough fight etc.
  • Pet Window - No pet window made it more challenging to control and keep track of your pet. You have to F1 x2 to target, had to devote Hotkey slots to pet commands (coupled with only a 10 slot hotbar it made Hotkey space very limited)

And many more. Remove all of these tonight and you will find way more people struggling to play their characters. Some may not even be able to enchanter or bard CC once cycle NPC is removed.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:21 PM
Fire Giant

^^^ This illustrates my point exactly. Few if any people care about people using aftermarket UI's/mods, which can give players a competitive advantages/abilities that others not using them do not have, but people freak out about player character models which have exactly zero impact to gameplay other than aesthetics, and are only seen by the individual using them.
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Old 04-29-2015, 02:35 PM
Fire Giant

Well, character models are more of a character's identity (I don't care myself, but I can see where others may want their character to be seen as they see themselves).
Old 04-29-2015, 03:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, character models are more of a character's identity (I don't care myself, but I can see where others may want their character to be seen as they see themselves).
By that logic, shouldn't my preference to see and be seen with Luclin models be just as important or equal? This is why I think they should remain an option. Yes if you prefer them, no if you do not. No harm, no foul.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because classic UI impacted classic gameplay.

There are HUGE advantages to having updates UI features:
  • Cycle Targets Hotkey - Trivializes CC and makes debuffing, healing and pulling easier
  • Buff Durations - Know exact timer on buffs before they will end gives a large advantage to being more efficient and not running into a situation where say... You're about to start a quad kite and SoW drops before mobs are snared.
  • Multi hotbars - Having just 10 hotkeys available at any given time limits Many classes effectiveness. You could swap pages but doing so opened up more opportunities to stumble and hit a wrong key.
  • Multi Chatbars - Having a single chat box meant most people had to filter out a lot of text. Otherwise in the span of a raid or group you may have missed something like a caster mob casting gate or an aggro message of a mob through a wall, etc.
  • Bags - People easily gear swap very quickly or swap clickies around. I believe you were limited to a single bag open for awhile and no UIs showed your inventory/equipment slots unless you made a Hotkey of them. So swapping instruments required you devote a few hotkeys to those slots limiting what you could have for your other few hotkeys.
  • Book Meditate - Big sacrifice giving up your vision to increase mana regen until 35.
  • Mana Value - Knowing your exact mana value rather than just the blue bar you could see allowed you to be more efficient with spell casts when low on mana and when judging if you just gate out from a tough fight etc.
  • Pet Window - No pet window made it more challenging to control and keep track of your pet. You have to F1 x2 to target, had to devote Hotkey slots to pet commands (coupled with only a 10 slot hotbar it made Hotkey space very limited)

And many more. Remove all of these tonight and you will find way more people struggling to play their characters. Some may not even be able to enchanter or bard CC once cycle NPC is removed.
the number of people who would want to go back to 100% classic the way eq was the day it launched is close to 0. Classic eq gameplay was shitty and theres a reason that stuff didnt last long. if you wanna be an oh so cool uber blah blah classic eq player make your own server where no one else will play because 100% classic was 100% garbage.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:39 PM
Banned

here is a screenshot of my final UI, duxa just modded a little [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-29-2015, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX0621 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but people freak out about player character models which have exactly zero impact to gameplay other than aesthetics, and are only seen by the individual using them.
This may not be entirely true. I've heard that certain races either can or cannot make the jump up to CoM 2nd (or other similar jumps) depending on which models they use. I dont know if this is 100% true as both of my chars are "tall", and can do the jump with classic models.
Closed Thread