Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 04:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Excited to start p99!

Howdy Everyone,

My brother just decided to once again rejoin the fray that is EQ. I played with him on TAKP but boxing three characters and a lack of community got old. Excited to start over on P99. He has had nothing but great things to say. Was curious what the server is in need of class wise..... I was leaning towards a Dwarf Pally. Gotta get my computer set-up... working through some technical issue (I am still using the form posts before I make a post asking for help on an issue that has already been explained to 30 other people over [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Looking forward to starting my journey soon.
Old 12-23-2017, 08:55 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneD [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Howdy Everyone,

My brother just decided to once again rejoin the fray that is EQ. I played with him on TAKP but boxing three characters and a lack of community got old. Excited to start over on P99. He has had nothing but great things to say. Was curious what the server is in need of class wise..... I was leaning towards a Dwarf Pally. Gotta get my computer set-up... working through some technical issue (I am still using the form posts before I make a post asking for help on an issue that has already been explained to 30 other people over [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Looking forward to starting my journey soon.
Pally is definitely a rare breed here.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome to project 1999! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I encourage you to check out the P99 wiki it's a huge source of information.
wiki.project1999.com
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:08 PM
Fire Giant

The server is very old and populated so you can literally play any of the 73 possible combination and it will work just fine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] of course some classes are more gear dependant than others but that can be part of the fun too as a newcomer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] welcome
Old 12-24-2017, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

server is in need of nice well mannered rational people [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] welcome friend
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:33 PM
Fire Giant

Welcome Mr Shane Diesel. I'm a big fan of your videos.
Old 12-30-2017, 02:05 PM
Banned

Welcome!

I remember when I first found p99. What a glorious day!
Old 12-30-2017, 02:39 PM
Sarnak

hit me up for PL, and other goodies.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:36 PM
Aviak

Are you asking about end game lvl or the leveling game?

Either way most populated classes are Shaman and Enchanter (strongest soloers)

Talking about lvl 55+ you can never have too many clerics or rogues in a raid settting.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:41 PM
Aviak

Paladin is cool, and the best tank in the leveling game. FoL threat cant be beat. As a paladin you are group tank. In raid warrior will always tank because of defensive cooldowns.

And, seeing as how this is a tank post now, I feel like I should mention Sk which tends to outshine the paladin a bit at high lvls because of the utility of feign death. (sk can also summon corpse for high plat cost) FD means that sk can fill in for puller roll in most situations if a monk is not around.
Closed Thread