Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Orc

Default Cabeast file is missing?

Just tried to make an iksar character. The client promptly dropped me stating that I was missing the Cabeast zone file (no extension given). Aside from this I have no clue what's going on or why. Anyone able to offer any assistance?
Old 03-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeldrakka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just tried to make an iksar character. The client promptly dropped me stating that I was missing the Cabeast zone file (no extension given). Aside from this I have no clue what's going on or why. Anyone able to offer any assistance?
Resinstall Platinum, to make things easier use Installer in my signature to get up and running in about 10 seconds after a fresh install.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:40 PM
Orc

Alright.. I reinstalled Titanium and ran your exe using option number 2, but now when I try to run the EQ icon it attempts to patch the game which we both know isn't at all what I want it to do... so.... what do I do from here?
Last edited by Xeldrakka; 03-25-2011 at 09:55 PM.. Reason: Chaning question
Old 03-25-2011, 09:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeldrakka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alright.. I reinstalled Titanium and ran your exe using option number 2, but now when I try to run the EQ icon it attempts to patch the game which we both know isn't at all what I want it to do... so.... what do I do from here?
Why would you use option 2? Option 2 is if you already have it working on the server. use option (0).
Old 03-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Orc

Ahh. That was a misunderstanding on my end then. However.. it seems that the shortcut icon to make the game run isn't working at all. I get a split second showing of a DOS screen or what have you and the game doesn't start up.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Sarnak

getting same error but with dreadlands. tried your thing on option 0 but still says no zone file. shitty
Old 03-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Orc

Yeah. Total bust. The shortcut won't run and there is no runEQ.bat file. The shortcut refuses to run anything, I have no file, no game. Nothing. I'm worse off now due to this than I was when I came looking for help. Thanks.
Last edited by Xeldrakka; 03-25-2011 at 10:42 PM..
Old 03-26-2011, 02:04 AM
Sarnak

did a fresh install of both titanium and all p1999 related files and got it working
Old 03-26-2011, 02:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Yeah. Total bust. The shortcut won't run and there is no runEQ.bat file. The shortcut refuses to run anything, I have no file, no game. Nothing. I'm worse off now due to this than I was when I came looking for help. Thanks.
There must be something you did wrong. Do a fresh Titanium install and pick option 0, dont do anything after installing titanium and dont do anything after using the installer other than using the desktop shortcut. if there are files missing its possible that windows is not letting them get installed, makes sure that EQ is NOT in the program files but is in c:\ and turn of UAC before doing anything.