Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Restrictions on scout roll?
Only characters level 55+ can roll 112 52.09%
Keep the scout roll as is 96 44.65%
Other (please elaborate in a post) 7 3.26%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 10:17 AM
Sarnak

Back when I was doing scout, the issue was people logging when they lost the roll. There was still plenty of people to help, but it's still a dick move.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not trying to be a contrarian here but I need have this cleared up for me.

I remember this pole but I cannot find it written anywhere that there is now a player-made agreement in place. A random person creating a poll on forums and 200 people voting seems like a terrible grounds for any agreement to be put in place. Half of those who voted might not even play on the server anymore and even if they did that represents way less than half of the population. So yeah, struggling to believe there is a staff-enforced agreement in place on those grounds but I'd be happy to be proven wrong if you could link me to where it's documented?
Nothing was made official via forum polls. A group of players went to every scout and specifically asked every single person there to participate in a roll until, several weeks later, everyone finally got onboard with it (except for one guild, which finally burned out). Eventually, everyone was rolling and turning against the 1-2 people that would show up and attempt to clickfest, and it finally stuck. Everyone who rolled participated after, and eventually it grew to a massive amount of people cooperating.

It took a ridiculous amount of effort to make this happen, especially in an era where scout was dominated by a dozen cheaters endlessly.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing was made official via forum polls. A group of players went to every scout and specifically asked every single person there to participate in a roll until, several weeks later, everyone finally got onboard with it (except for one guild, which finally burned out). Eventually, everyone was rolling and turning against the 1-2 people that would show up and attempt to clickfest, and it finally stuck. Everyone who rolled participated after, and eventually it grew to a massive amount of people cooperating.

It took a ridiculous amount of effort to make this happen, especially in an era where scout was dominated by a dozen cheaters endlessly.
Da, is much like Revolution of October, comrade
Old 09-23-2018, 11:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder43 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could not find any place where a GM/dev/etc. says that this is in fact a rule, but the original poll is here. However, last year when A/A were banned from raiding, the casual guilds made agreements to rotate raid mobs. When some people from AG decided to kill VS when it wasn't their turn, the guild was suspended. The GMs didn't specifically say that these player-made agreements for raid mobs was an enforceable rule specifically, but they they did say in the past that they will enforce player-made agreements. According to the agreement laid out in the poll, you will be petitioned if you ignore the roll and turn in. While the scenario is not the same as the AG ban, I think it will be viewed in the same fashion.
A player made agreement is where all parties come to the table and agree to terms that they will continue to live by and hold each other to. a 65% to 35% clearly is not "all players coming to the table to agree to terms beforehand", so really there isn't anything binding people to it. However if someone who came to a roll, lost the roll, and turned in anyways would be subject to punishment IMO since he agreed to the roll by actually rolling. Nonetheless, the culture of the roll is awesome and I hope it continues, It's a great way to handle an otherwise annoying events like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Closed Thread