Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linksfather [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A rotation would kill the server.... Competition is why most high end raid guilds exists. Here in AM..(Before Tempest was immune to being suspended) it became very boring. After 30 days was up, we got excited to finally have something to fight for.

Like always... IMO
how the fuck is the competitive raiding scene fun to you? what on gods green earth makes staring at a wall for an item that won't help you or your guild kill any more difficult monsters fun for you
Old 11-27-2018, 11:08 AM
Fire Giant

I'm with Fan D. I have no idea how some of you have raided here consistently for so long.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how the fuck is the competitive raiding scene fun to you? what on gods green earth makes staring at a wall for an item that won't help you or your guild kill any more difficult monsters fun for you
Personally, because it is less about the challenge of killing the dragon and more about the challenge of beating another guild to it.

You're no longer competing against the content the original developers put in 20 years ago, you're now competing against modern players with 20 years of optimized tactics derived from an almost complete understanding of game mechanics, with strategies that are still being tuned on a weekly basis.

It's also what makes live pulls so fun, and why FTE lockouts effectively remove the last remaining challenges at the high end.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linksfather [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A rotation would kill the server.... Competition is why most high end raid guilds exists. Here in AM..(Before Tempest was immune to being suspended) it became very boring. After 30 days was up, we got excited to finally have something to fight for.

Like always... IMO
5000 mana? youre a monster!
Old 11-27-2018, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally, because it is less about the challenge of killing the dragon and more about the challenge of beating another guild to it.

You're no longer competing against the content the original developers put in 20 years ago, you're now competing against modern players with 20 years of optimized tactics derived from an almost complete understanding of game mechanics, with strategies that are still being tuned on a weekly basis.

It's also what makes live pulls so fun, and why FTE lockouts effectively remove the last remaining challenges at the high end.
ive heard this argument from close friends even. what about the 16 hour variance that you have to deal with until the fun? is it worth it
Old 11-27-2018, 11:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude you're one to speak, you tracked Inny for 100+ hours straight. Lost your Earth staff then lost your mind and jumped ship to red to join a zerg and slowly and painfully wait your turn for loot and then ran around seb griefing people in seb to make yourself feel good. Take a good look into a mirror bud
Old 11-27-2018, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Like always... IMO
See, some of us came to play EverQuest, and nothing whatsoever about a rotation would interfere with that. On the contrary, for the vast majority of players on the server, it would result in getting to play more parts of EverQuest that they've rarely or never gotten to see.

There's no wrong way to play a game, but if you really want "competition" I don't think racing for dragons on a 20-year old emulated server is where you belong. I hear there's like 999,999 other games out there with better ways to compete designed into them.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

yes that is why im still mad, ty for pointing that out

it took a few months to realize blue raiding was not fun, playing on red with 40 people is still so much more fun than blue.

ty for remembering my inny track, feels good <3 . you got a few details mixed up but your overal message is correct
Old 11-27-2018, 11:39 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See, some of us came to play EverQuest, and nothing whatsoever about a rotation would interfere with that. On the contrary, for the vast majority of players on the server, it would result in getting to play more parts of EverQuest that they've rarely or never gotten to see.

There's no wrong way to play a game, but if you really want "competition" I don't think racing for dragons on a 20-year old emulated server is where you belong. I hear there's like 999,999 other games out there with better ways to compete designed into them.
But..but...but.. I like Everquest....

And yes, what Rezzie said, its about beating the other guild.. not the dragon. The dragon is the gravy.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

I’ll GM alongside Cucs. We can fix it.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Closed Thread