Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 11:00 PM
Skeleton

Default Target colour

Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but I it's been bothering me that with a default PEQ server and RoF2 client the target colours are dissimilar to the live EQ I remember. My targets appear in red, yellow, white, dark blue and grey instead of what I remember: red, yellow, white, blue, light blue and green.

Is there something I need to do to get change this, or can it even be changed at all?
Old 10-13-2018, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Light blue cons are Luclin. This is up to velious.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

"Light blue" definitely still exists. If you get anything more than "Soandso looks like a reasonably safe opponent" in green then they'll be green but will give a little XP.
Old 10-14-2018, 12:15 AM
Skeleton

I haven't had a single mob be light blue OR green since I installed this several days ago. As I level they go from red to yellow to white to blue to grey.
Old 10-14-2018, 11:23 AM
Skeleton

Finally found some green mobs, after messing around with 9 characters to between levels 10 and 15, on a 16 enchanter. Now I can't stop thinking of what needs to be tweaked in the game to tighten up the boundaries between what gets shown as a green and what gets shown as a grey.
Old 10-14-2018, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Drugs
Old 10-14-2018, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassDeviant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't had a single mob be light blue OR green since I installed this several days ago. As I level they go from red to yellow to white to blue to grey.
You have to understand, Project 1999 used to have light blue cons. That color was specifically removed, because it was a bug: during the classic/kunark/velious era there was no light blue con, only (as Swish pointed out) two levels of green con, where you had to look at the /con message to see whether the green mob gives experience.

So unless light blue cons get added in one of the three(?) remaining patches, Project 1999 will never have them, because the project's goal is to re-create classic EQ faithfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassDeviant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Finally found some green mobs, after messing around with 9 characters to between levels 10 and 15, on a 16 enchanter. Now I can't stop thinking of what needs to be tweaked in the game to tighten up the boundaries between what gets shown as a green and what gets shown as a grey.
Gray?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-14-2018, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

Gray doesn’t exist Project 1999. With what the OP is describing, I’m not sure if he has the right server.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gray doesn’t exist Project 1999. With what the OP is describing, I’m not sure if he has the right server.
Eh, I remember when they removed light blue. A lot of people (myself included) had completely forgotten that light blue was never originally in the game ... even though we played during that time.

This very much might be the right server for OP, it's just that for people who played for years in expansions after P99, like Luclin, PoP, etc., certain aspects of this server can take a little getting used to.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:14 PM
Fire Giant

Totally, I remember when the change was made here. I should clarify; I was trying to express that he may have been confused on the cons for P99 with one of the other servers that he plays on, being that he seeing gray instead of green, and that he had to gain a wide level gap to start seeing green. Decaying skeletons green out at level 5 here.