Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 01:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno why the air pet is always last pick!! A stun is sooo powerful.... since it's an active damage mitigation (stopping the enemy from attacking or casting).

In a group that is great. And solo that is great (making up for the lower HPs). And the invis on top of it makes it just a stand-out pet!! For most situations.
Quoted for truth. Air pet seriously under rated round these parts.
Old 05-26-2020, 04:58 PM
Banned

Lowest hp , fire or earth are meatier pics

water and air are usually the pets you use in a group with air being better

water is like 5% more dps id rather have a stun myself [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-26-2020, 05:56 PM
Aviak

water's strength comes when you get the staff, which is much easier to get than the others. +1 level does more than just +2max dmg, overall damage and mitigation goes up pretty significantly. as 2nd best tank and highest damage, its pretty well rounded for group or solo use, especially when focused

earth root is too unreliable to ever actually count on it solo, and rooting running mobs just makes you take more damage overall.

air is fine in groups, but way too frail for solo. stun is too unreliable to actually be of benefit if you're soloing casters, you're much better off with a higher HP pet than hoping you'll prevent nukes 1 in 10 times

fire is the lowest hp of them all, but if you're duoing with a healer they make superb xp grinding pets. in groups if they're not doing the tanking they are completely pointless, use anything instead
Old 05-26-2020, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Until the tank dies from a big pull. Then the low hp air pet dies, then group dies.

Or keep earth pet up. Tank dies and earth pet mops everything up and sabes the group.

Outside of raids earth pet is overall the superior pet
If your strategy while grouping is "what to do when the tank dies" ... then things have already gone horribly wrong (and shoulda run / gated before the tank died).

But on a close fight an air pet is going to mitigate more damage for the tank (helping them survive better).

It also lets casters nuke sooner without things running off the tank (since the stun of the air pet is a bunch of agro, and if it's agro on the pet it will stay hitting the next highest PC with agro).

And damage wise, air pets are the 2nd highest in damage (just behind the damage proc of water pets).
Old 05-26-2020, 11:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In my rather short experience on blue, air pet for some reason is the weakest of all our pets. I haven't played long enough with MS I or MSII, I must have summoned each a couple of times but according to wiki regular focused pets are better than MS pets.

I'm not 53 yet, so I don't know about the 53 air pet vs 51 earth pet, but pre 50 the other 3 will be better. Only time I was not completely disappointed with air pet was when I was using the lvl 49 one vs Feeerrott spectres, it was faring about as well as fire/ earth pet. But HGs in Rathe Mountains kicked an air pet's butt in no time. Go figure
Airpet is my hands-down favorite when grouping in a zone w caster mobs. The interrupt stub is just so incredibly useful (at least until waterpet starts BSing!)
Old 05-27-2020, 08:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And damage wise, air pets are the 2nd highest in damage (just behind the damage proc of water pets).
Isn't the fire pet damage proc the same as water?
Old 05-27-2020, 09:49 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

So about that torch or shield trick...do you get the same benefits by just giving the pet 2 summoned daggers or swords? I may be doing this wrong, lol
Old 05-27-2020, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
If your strategy while grouping is "what to do when the tank dies" ... then things have already gone horribly wrong (and shoulda run / gated before the tank died).

But on a close fight an air pet is going to mitigate more damage for the tank (helping them survive better).

It also lets casters nuke sooner without things running off the tank (since the stun of the air pet is a bunch of agro, and if it's agro on the pet it will stay hitting the next highest PC with agro).

Not a good strategy if pet selection is based on the perfect group that never had the tank die.

The air pet and earth pet are the same dmg and air pet dmg mitigation is trivial.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Equipping an air pet with 2 stun whips is pretty brutal.

-Mcoy
Old 05-27-2020, 10:52 AM
Kobold

Waterpet with an ebony bladed sword and a gnoll hide lariat, cast a DS on that bad boy and he might turn into Captain Planet!
Closed Thread