Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Default Did the zone EXP mods have much of an effect? Also, Kerra Isle was not given enough

As someone who doesn't play right now, but is interested in game changes like the kind they finally implemented, how much impact has there been? Are people actually flocking to Gorge, Runnyeye, Splitpaw, Permafrost, and Temple of Cazic-Thule for exp groups? Are there regular groups going in Kedge Keep?

I find it strange there was a blanket 33% increase to every outdoor zone. A place like Oasis was already heavily overcamped as an exp spot. It's safer to exp outdoors because of having more room to move around, and it doesn't seem like some dungeons are balanced properly now in comparison. Are all of the areas in L-Guk actually being hunted for exp, as they were back in the day? Because why should a more dangerous area like that be giving less exp for an equivalent level of NPC that can be hunted in an easier outdoor area?

Places like L-Guk have valuable loot in comparison to other areas, but that's limited to specific camps. Regular dungeon exp groups that are just trying to play, don't get any extra benefit of loot. Maybe it's too much work to code exp bonuses for each specific NPC in the game, but this is an example of why exp modifiers should really be tied to each NPC, rather than entire zones. Different areas of the same dungeon, or any zone, have much different difficulty levels. A blanket exp mod per zone does not properly reward these things.

Lastly, Kerra Island, constantly one of the least utilized zones in the game, is probably still empty most of the time, right? Why not give that place a bigger boost to try and attract a crowd? If it doesn't even have a better modifier than any typical outdoor zone right now, then this update actually nerfed Kerra Island and made it probably the least worthwhile place in the game.
Old 06-05-2020, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

In my opinion it just moved where the masses went. People crowd the highest ZEM locations that have other people to group with. Paw/CT got tons of players. Guk got less.

Runnyeye was always good ZEM, the buffed is even better. But there just isnt people hanging out there to group 24/7.

Gorge is more active, win there atleast.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-05-2020, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lastly, Kerra Island, constantly one of the least utilized zones in the game, is probably still empty most of the time, right? Why not give that place a bigger boost to try and attract a crowd? If it doesn't even have a better modifier than any typical outdoor zone right now, then this update actually nerfed Kerra Island and made it probably the least worthwhile place in the game.
Amen. Terrible location, faction hits we all don't want to take (even though Kerran Lives Don't Matter), and poor mob placement make this one of the most underused dungeons in the game (if not THE most). It needs a decent ZEM.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-05-2020, 05:14 PM
Banned

problematic post detected
Old 06-05-2020, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

all I know is kithkor was tuned so hard that I blasted from 40-50 in a couple days since it has certain mobs which are level 40 with 1000 HP. You have to know which ones to target for highest XP per HP but once you learn them its awesome even if its only 30 minutes out of 72 it still beats any other camp or group I could find due to the wonky super ZEM, it was like 2x highkeep nobles but for half the game day so you xp'ed faster for less work and could take breaks.
Old 06-05-2020, 05:39 PM
Kobold

Maaaaaaaaaan, Kerra Isle should have been the Crushbone of Odus.
Old 06-05-2020, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

The ZEM rotating is classic. LGuk was super popular so they reduced the ZEM to encourage people to go check out other dungeons including more difficult and dangerous ones. I’m sure the ZEMs will get rotated again eventually.

The only ZEM change I didn’t agree with was significantly reducing Befallen because I always thought dungeons where you could be screwed if you died behind locked doors should have high ZEM
Old 06-05-2020, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kerra Island is my favorite place to level from 11-14! Just solo doing mices...so peaceful and great exps.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Runnyeye was always good ZEM, the buffed is even better. But there just isnt people hanging out there to group 24/7.
So even with the big buff, and being adjacent to Gorge which also received a massive buff, there still isn't a ton of traffic in Runnyeye?
Old 06-05-2020, 10:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So even with the big buff, and being adjacent to Gorge which also received a massive buff, there still isn't a ton of traffic in Runnyeye?
It's by no means a ghost town. I see a couple groups on the upper level from time to time. But it's still pretty rare to see a group down in the higher level content sucking up that juicy exp bonus.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread