Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The toxicity has always been here. Its just been dealt with in different ways, by players, and the GM's. Fact is, the majority of players leading these guilds and filing the petitions, and representing them in the UN. Have prolly been here for years and been behaving this way even longer.

I dont disagree, shit needs to stop. But it's not at all new. Their used to be raid bans handed out every week it seemed. For one guild or another. The end game changed when green released and lots of people left blue. Riot seemed to be uncontested on most end game velious content, and some kunark. They grew fat and happy. Then people got over green/came back from other things. And competition came with it. GM's enforce the UN and a new petition based meta with rigorous outlines and format requirements leading to lengthy petitions. And now........ here we are.
And how many guilds caught themselves an indefinite ban prior to this?

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 10-21-2020, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydbarrett25 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Emperor crush the true end-game content now?
TR is camped and we are pulling Crush and Dvinn as well. I'll put you on the list.
Old 10-21-2020, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see a lot of people picking apart proposed solutions, but not offering much in the way of amending them to make them agreeable. It looks like its going to be grats kittens for a LONG time at this rate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Start banning guilds for sending in unwarranted or frivolous petitions. That would clean up most of it.
Old 10-21-2020, 12:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not the one(s) who no one else wants to be guilded with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
create my own guild
Quote:
use another guilds
koolaid is strong

exactly how many of your current raiders are ex am members lol
Old 10-21-2020, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Start banning guilds for sending in unwarranted or frivolous petitions. That would clean up most of it.
That would actually require work from the GM, and that's the thing they're complaining about, the toxocity being an excuse it's not worst on p99 than any other gaming communities.

If they're not gonna bother with petitions anyway why not cut all the rules and let it be the wild west like on live.
Old 10-21-2020, 12:47 PM
Fire Giant

Any guild that sends a petition takes a week off..the payment for submitting a petition, make the penalty of a petitioned guild a month off ...force people to work together
Old 10-21-2020, 01:19 PM
Banned

Make Vulak loot buyable, fund the project indefinitely, and just put the suffix "of Shame" to anyone who buys it.

Sec, wait 3 mins for me to make my popcorn before making the guild <Shameful> that still responds to batphones for Vulak loot, with Vulak loot.
Old 10-21-2020, 01:37 PM
Aviak

Yeah it’s going to take some degree of involvement from GMs willingness to enforce strict rules. If a petition gets submitted, either the petitioner gets what they asked for, or they get punished for wasting GM time. Loot deletion for broken rules. Conceding x4 instead of 2. If you get double punishment for being guilty of raid rule.

If this doesn’t work, rotations.
Old 10-21-2020, 01:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make Vulak loot buyable, fund the project indefinitely, and just put the suffix "of Shame" to anyone who buys it.
That suffix would make me want to buy Vulak loot more. Come on, you're showing people you can afford Vulak loot.
Danberry - 45 Druid
Old 10-21-2020, 01:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That suffix would make me want to buy Vulak loot more. Come on, you're showing people you can afford Vulak loot.
IKR! And the GMs can retire from their dayjobs and police elf pixels all day because I'm confident that it'd easily net 20k a month.

My evidence: EQ Live is at a higher paid sub list and active daily player count in 2020 than it was in 2015.
Closed Thread