Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2020, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it actually competition tho ? Lol
Competition for leftover and scraps.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I guess you have to ask Riot, why did they end the ST agreements? And the other agreements for that matter? Since the agreements have ended AG has been 'winning' the golems far more then any other guild (have data to support this). Riot has been picking up the occasional golem here and there as have Freedom when they are solo. I also don't agree with just letting Kittens have a golem, if they want to do the golems they should start competing (which is their problem, they don't like competing for mobs and will actively avoid it). Same as any other guild, I don't think there should be free hand outs. You want a mob? work for it. Don't expect it to just be placed in your lap. The social aspect and competition is what makes EQ end game fun, and gives people a reason to come back every weekend for the cycles.
I think the previous ST agreement between AG/Riot and was tied to other agreements. When Freedom entered the scene with disregard to any agreement, it obviously changed the game. So if there is an official rotation agreement in ST, I don't see why Riot wouldn't co-operate.

That said, props to AG for going hard in ST during those shit windows.

Not many Riot need Primals (outside of recruits), so the choice to constantly track and go hard FTE during those shit windows hasn't exactly been worth the effort.
I mean, we could go all Dannyl to "Deny other pixels", but that isn't exactly how Riot works.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not many Riot need Primals (outside of recruits)
It's just DKP to me bruv.

Need another ST key just so I can move my main away from ST more often...
Old 10-05-2020, 10:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's just DKP to me bruv.

Need another ST key just so I can move my main away from ST more often...
just 1 st key in 2020? oof
Old 10-05-2020, 10:32 PM
Large Rat

You could at least respond with a meaningful post (Dogma or whatever), not have a debbie downer reply. I wasn't looking for attention, more replying to the thread with something constructive, I'm sorry you're unhappy with whatever it is in your life. Also I disagree with Riot being able to take it all if they wanted. The last few weeks have shown that with competition Riot is not invincible, they have fucked up plenty of engages and been flat out beaten at others. All the Riot members can sit there gloating, but the fact is things are changing. 2 sponsors requirement? scrapped. lvl 60 requirement? scrapped. Compulsory raid attendance? scrapped. Why you ask? Because the Riot powers know things aren't the same as 3 months ago.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suppose for once you are correct.

I like rotations however:
I've been suggesting that if any golem goes under 2-3 hours in it's window, it becomes FFA for racing.

This pleases the people who like to FTE race for motg/prog. It can be fun.
This is a solid idea.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could at least respond with a meaningful post (Dogma or whatever), not have a debbie downer reply. I wasn't looking for attention, more replying to the thread with something constructive, I'm sorry you're unhappy with whatever it is in your life. Also I disagree with Riot being able to take it all if they wanted. The last few weeks have shown that with competition Riot is not invincible, they have fucked up plenty of engages and been flat out beaten at others. All the Riot members can sit there gloating, but the fact is things are changing. 2 sponsors requirement? scrapped. lvl 60 requirement? scrapped. Compulsory raid attendance? scrapped. Why you ask? Because the Riot powers know things aren't the same as 3 months ago.
Reading a lot into a few lines, whoever you are.

RA was never required far as I know and I heard the Sponsors thing wasn't accurately allowing nobodies like you a chance to apply to Riot meanwhile I got two officers jumping at the bit to sponsor. Randomjoe off the street who wanted to app without otherwise having grouped with or woo'd a couple Riot peeps before had no chance prior. Didn't seem fair to Randomjoe that he's not an iksar and I wouldn't sponsor him.

Sorry your guild is dying. Sucks that you guys raided all weekend and got more raid wipes than loot.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:41 PM
Large Rat

I also don't agree with Riot making excuses. Shit windows? Don't start with windows, Riot is the king of taking advantage of shit windows lol. Riot has been flat out beaten in those Golem FTE's but nice try anyway. We could get it all if we wanted? Well no you couldn't, as has been proven the last couple of months. And this constant petitioning, like EVERY mob Riot loses they whinge and complain about something. Just suck it up guys, not everyone can win it all. Competition is good, regardless of all your downer comments.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:45 PM
Sarnak

Pretty sure Riot is fine with ST as is lol. Sorry that Freedom isn't.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:46 PM
Large Rat

More excuses is all I hear. I know for a fact RA was a requirement, I talked to officers in Riot about it (Was going to app but needed more info) and I have a friend who was kicked from Riot for that very thing (not attending raids). I'm not in Freedom btw, nice assumption.
Closed Thread