Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 03:18 AM
Kobold

Default Druid role in raids

Hi everyone,

I've never raided before and have a question about druids and also raiding guilds in general. I'll be honest, I'm not so sure if I want to or can commit to raiding seriously, but I'd imagine I'd probably want to try it out a bit from time to time and probably also because it may be necessary to get some nice stuff for my two toons (I have a druid and a pally).

So hopefully I can get some thoughtful replies on what the role of a druid is during raids? Are we useful? Even if we don't match the healing power of a cleric, are we still actively involved and healing people? I think I care more about the quality of the gameplay than about whether or not I'm actually all that critical to the team (for example, even if a mage's call of the hero or mod rods are really important, I couldn't stand doing that).

Also, how do most raiding guilds decide who gets the spoils for their toons? My main concern is that I'd maybe want to help my paladin out but since they've got a very limited role in raids, I figure maybe my druid can pay her dues and participate/help out in raids to win gear for the pally? Or does a raiding guild not work that way usually? Am I allowed to use my druid to help gear my paladin in raid gear?

Thanks everyone!
Old 01-29-2021, 03:21 AM
Banned

this is from Jimjam:

Basically bind in overthere and port people close to raid target. Buff casters with potG. Harmony Sontalak to allow kos into Temple of Veeshan. Pet track for spawns. SoW FTE racers. Buff groups with resist circles. Spot heal dps to survive AoE. Spam heal tanks during slow chain switches. Ds the tank in absence of a mage. Kite adds. Charm animal pet dps. Assist dps during burn stages.

Never played a druid at a raid, but these are things i've seen them do.

Edit: forgot the biggest one: complain you have nothing to do on raids.
Old 01-29-2021, 03:24 AM
Planar Protector

People just leave Sontalak up?
Old 01-29-2021, 03:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not everyone wants to deal with a big ass dragon
Old 01-29-2021, 08:06 AM
Banned

Druids - you should be mobilizing to key players > hitting all clerics and casters with PotG > charm a pet if available > hitting everyone if AoE mob with Circles and Regen > spot healing melee or nuking > ensnare Pets/adds that need to be kited depending on the raid > DS the tank if mage not around.

Druids are super versatile and useful
Old 01-29-2021, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

Usually mobilization, buffs, dps heals. Torpor on a rogue or monk is not ideal due to the slow effect. They won’t get cleric spots since those are in the CH chain (likely). That leaves paladins tryhards and Druid’s. Keep those dps alive!

Most guilds do either dragon kill points which often you can spend on alts given certain restrictions, some other guilds /random for loot. There are guilds of each type that dont have minimum raid quotas so like Starbucks gift cards those dkp last until you use them or leave the guild. Good to ask a guild you want to join since both have benefits. I’d rather save and shop sparingly myself; there are some really nice and cheap knight items out there.
Last edited by Snaggles; 01-29-2021 at 08:59 AM..
Old 01-29-2021, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Biggest thing is raid mobilization - getting your guildies / alliance-mates to the targets.

In Kael you'll be expected to charm dogs for dps.

You can patch / emergency heal tanks on pulls if the CH chain is lagging.

Patch heal melee dps (rogues) to keep them backstabbing.

Any 32k HP (kunark) dragons you can nuke. Gore, Trak, VP, etc.

Everywhere you will be asked for potg, resist circles, regens, etc.

Standing outside ToV as a SoW bot for the pull team.
Old 01-29-2021, 12:51 PM
Banned

you guys literally just wrote down what i just quoted from Jimjam
Old 01-29-2021, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you guys literally just wrote down what i just quoted from Jimjam
Some people just look at the question and type a response at the bottom in that big window. This isn't a peer reviewed medical journal, just a bunch of iphone nerds suffering from insomnia.

Also, not "literally". That would be just us copy/pasting the literal words.
Old 01-29-2021, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sont is actually one of the hardest Dragons in the game due to his crazy AoE dispell. The rewards you get from him often aren't worth the effort and money spent to kill him. This is one of the few fights where Wort Pots are basically necessary, and any screw up during the fight can wipe the raid.