Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2022, 12:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
330 million in a nation that has almost 20 Trillion GDP a year.

Oh please!! We could afford to give a yearly salary of $40,000 and still have a middle class and rich who opt out of it.

And our military is the biggest glut. 1.64 Trillion each year that is absolutely ridiculous.
The 1.64T figure includes mandatory spending which isn't counted in "the budget".

It means entitlements.
Old 12-16-2022, 12:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s like when Botten mentions not wanting to separate immigrant parents from their children…

Ok…if we allow them to join the other homeless immigrants in makeshift shantytowns, what happens when the kids start getting underfed, cold, and sick?

The state is still not going to allow immigrant kids to starve in some shanty. They’ll take them away from their parents and try to cram them into a CPS shelter. Which causes there to be less options for American citizen’s abused or neglected kids that need shelter

So all of this stuff has a ripple effect. And it still could result in kids being separated. Now this is a worst case scenario, I am not saying it is going to be the norm. But it becomes more likely the more people who are in need come
Tortured and poor vs poor and working a job no one in America wants (like picking crops)
Old 12-16-2022, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
330 million in a nation that has almost 20 Trillion GDP a year.
What did Botten mean by this? All GDP is government revenue? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-16-2022, 12:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's the law(or judicial precedent? hmm!) you can't detain children for more than 21 days
If I was an immigrant family but with the knowledge that I have from working in the BH field as long as I have, I would knowingly separate from my kid

Rather than try to sneak across and/or survive with my kid on the streets, I would give up custody to a giant shelter/school specifically re-purposed for exclusively parent-less immigrant children (thousands of kids without parents come across the border, little known fact) in my state called Southwest Key. I’ve been to it and it’s pretty nice

My kid would have a decent education and upbringing there, far better than any life I could give them on the street or whatever hovel I could find, which would potentially result in me losing custody anyway once the kid had a bad health scare or something

But Southwest Key was pretty much full when I went there a few years ago, I have no idea if it’s even a viable option now
Old 12-16-2022, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Moot. Because republicans do the same but are not one person.
Again Republicans and that guy rob others to get rich.

Do it too extremely you go to jail. Which a LOT of republicans do.
Old 12-16-2022, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Moot. Because republicans do the same but are not one person.
Again Republicans and that guy rob others to get rich.

Do it too extremely you go to jail. Which a LOT of republicans do.
Bro this is one of the biggest fraud scandals in History and potentially money sent to #Ukraine laundered for Democrat campaign efforts?

Whataboutism not gonna work this time. So Sorry.
Old 12-16-2022, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bro this is one of the biggest fraud scandals in History and potentially money sent to #Ukraine laundered for Democrat campaign efforts?

Whataboutism not gonna work this time. So Sorry.
Again very few vs many many more Republicans doing this extreme criminal activity.
Nice try thou.
Old 12-16-2022, 12:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What did Botten mean by this? All GDP is government revenue? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funding and economics is over my head and pay grade, I don’t pretend to have knowledge of these

I just see the border as a leaking ship. We can try to fund a million different ways to bail out the water but I prefer to focus on fixing the leak
Old 12-16-2022, 01:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funding and economics is over my head and pay grade, I don’t pretend to have knowledge of these

I just see the border as a leaking ship. We can try to fund a million different ways to bail out the water but I prefer to focus on fixing the leak
It's a huge tangle of bullshit procedures, precedents, and laws. I don't think it was intentional but here we are.

Old 12-16-2022, 01:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Again very few vs many many more Republicans doing this extreme criminal activity.
Nice try thou.
But Republicans Republicans Republicans not passing mustard

So Sorry
Closed Thread