Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2022, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

He’s not a dem but okay.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 12-22-2022, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He’s not a dem but okay.
Oh well oops, I dunno much about this guy and I don’t know much about economics

To play devils advocate I 100% agree with him that jobs give meaning to life and are crucial to the health of the individual and the community, which is why job creation to me is infinitely more useful than simply handing someone money for nothing, no matter who that person is, rich or poor. Rich trust fund kids being handed money they didn’t earn crates spoiled entitled useless brats usually

And I only was able to watch like 10min because have to go to work, so might have missed many other good points made

Also I do believe trickle down economics is a myth. People who are living at a high standard that come into a bunch of money no matter the method will put it in savings accounts. At least some gets invested which companies need for growth and development. But a LOT gets dumped into savings where it does little benefit to our country as a whole
Old 12-22-2022, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't hear his solutions, but he identified the problem and I think that's what we should focus on is first identifying the problem.

Unfortunately there are too many lazy and ignorant people to wake up to the fact that our government is just one big corrupt rat nest of villainy.
The corruption is tax incentives. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-22-2022, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The corruption is tax incentives. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are legal and healthy tax incentives, and there are dubious tax loop holes that have a negative effect on the country.

And there are also laws that magically do not get enforced when certain people violate them. And that's corruption.
Old 12-22-2022, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are legal and healthy tax incentives, and there are dubious tax loop holes that have a negative effect on the country.

And there are also laws that magically do not get enforced when certain people violate them. And that's corruption.
You mean like publishing stolen personal data on the internet?
Old 12-22-2022, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean like publishing stolen personal data on the internet?
It's not illegal for a journalist to publish stolen material.
Old 12-22-2022, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
It's not illegal for a journalist to publish stolen material.
Heh. Gotcha.
Old 12-22-2022, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Heh. Gotcha.
Weren't you the one arguing against the publishing of hunter's laptop because it was "stolen"?

I believe you, sir. Were got.
Old 12-22-2022, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Weren't you the one arguing against the publishing of hunter's laptop because it was "stolen"?

I believe you, sir. Were got.
Tell me what else is legal. Slowly. And bite your lip a little while you do it.
Old 12-22-2022, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

for awhile it took me a minute to seperate encroaching death from horza cuz of the new img which i approve
Closed Thread